On Monday, Xiaomi launched its new smartphone, ‘Redmi 7’ in China. The smartphone is the successor of last year’s Redmi 6 smartphone.
The main highlights of this smartphone are a 19:9 display, Snapdragon 632 SoC, up to 4GB RAM and 4,000 mAh battery.
Along with Redmi 7, Xiaomi also launched Redmi Note 7 Pro in China. This smartphone is already launched in India last month.
Redmi 7: Price, Sale Date
- Redmi 7 price starts at CNY 699 (roughly Rs. 7,100) for the 2GB RAM/16GB internal storage variant, CNY 799 (roughly Rs. 8,100) for the 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage variant and CNY 999 (roughly Rs. 10,200) for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase starting March 26 in China. It will come in Dream Blue, Charm Night Red, and Bright Black colour options.
- Availability, pricing for India and other markets is yet to be announced.
Redmi 7: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Redmi 7 sports a 6.26-inch Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and HD+ (720×1520 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 14nm 1.8GHz Snapdragon 632 processor with Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the second camera includes a 2MP depth sensor.
On the front, there is an 8MP sensor. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage with support of microSD upto 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS and micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, infrared sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Redmi 7 battery capacity is 4,000mAh. The handset measures 158.73×75.58×8.47mm and weighs 180 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a HD+ Notch display with 84% NTSC Color Gamut and 1500:1 contrast ratio.
- It has a gradient finish at the back panel.
- It features P2i nano-coating which makes the device splash proof.
- It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection for the display.
- It comes with a dedicated SIM card option.
- Camera features include AI Smart Beauty, Selfie Timer and Face Unlock.