On Tuesday, Oppo launched its new smartphone, ‘Oppo F11’ at an event held in Mumbai, India. Along with this smartphone the company also launched ‘Oppo F11 Pro‘ which comes with 16MP Rising Camera with no notch display.
The latest smartphone sports a 48MP Dual Rear Camera Setup, 16MP Rising Camera, MediaTek Helio P70 SoC, 4000 mAh Battery and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are 48MP Dual Rear Camera Setup and Waterdrop Notch.
Oppo F11: Price in India, Sale Date
- Oppo F11 price in India is Rs. 19,990 for the 4GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Fluorite Purple and Marble Green colour options.
- Smartphone availability is yet to be announced.
Oppo F11: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Oppo F11 sports a 6.5-inch LTPS LCD Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of ColorOS 6.0, the phone runs on 2.1GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 processor with Mali-G72 GPU. It comes with 4GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (Nano+Nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP sensor with f/1.79 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, there is a 16MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB internal storage and microSD card support upto 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, digital compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Oppo F11 battery capacity is 4,020mAh with the support of VOOC 3.0 fast charging (20W fast charger bundled in-the-box). The handset measurement and weight are not revealed.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone has a Full-HD+ waterdrop notch display.
- The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Rear Camera features include Ultra Night Mode, Dazzle Color Mode, AI Camera with 23 types of recognized scenes and colour enhancement (Oppo calls Color Mapping).
- The rear camera uses pixel binning to capture 12MP shots with a promise of great sharpness and low noise.
- Rising Camera features include AI Engine and Ultra-clear Engine to deliver a crisp portrait.
- HyperBoost tech for speeding up app launch times and optimised performance.
The OPPO F11 is a mid-range premium smartphone. The only difference between Oppo F11 and F11 Pro is that the F11 comes with waterdrop notch for front camera and F11 Pro has a rising pop-up mechanism for the front camera. There is no difference in camera megapixels or resolution.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 20K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Poco F1, Samsung Galaxy A50 and Nokia 7.1. So, the competition in this price range is low but there are very good smartphones.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering nothing special. There was no need to launch this smartphone because there is no big difference between Oppo F11 and Oppo F11 Pro. We think the smartphone is way overpriced just like Oppo F11 Pro.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.