On Monday, Motorola launched its new smartphone, ‘Moto G7’ in India. The smartphone is the successor of Moto G6 which was launched last year. This smartphone is part of Moto G (7th gen) series which also includes Moto G7 Power which was launched in India last month.
The latest smartphone sports a Full-HD+ Display, Dual Rear Camera Setup, Snapdragon 630 SoC and much more.
Along with Moto G7, the company also launched Motorola One smartphone in India.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are 3D Glass back and 15W fast charging support.
Moto G7: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Moto G7 price in India is Rs. 16,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Flipkart and other leading mobile stores starting today i.e Match 25. It will come in Clear White and Ceramic Black colour options.
- Launch offer includes telecom offer from Jio has benefits of Rs. 2200 cashback in form of vouchers (applicable on Rs. 198 and Rs. 299 plans)
Moto G7: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Moto G7 sports a 6.2-inch Max Vision Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2270 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of Stock Android, the phone runs on 1.8GHz 14nm Snapdragon 632 processor with Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 4GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is an 8MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has a LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB internal storage with microSD card support upto 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, digital compass, ambient light sensor, magnetometer and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Moto G7 battery capacity is 3,000mAh with the support of 15W TurboPower fast charging (15W fast charger bundled in-the-box). It measures 157×75.3x8mm and weighs 172 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a Full-HD+ U-shaped Notch display with pixel density of 403ppi.
- It supports Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- 3D Glass back.
- 15W fast charging support.
- Camera features include Portrait mode, Spot Color, Cinemagraph, Auto Smile Capture and Google Lens.
- Audio features include FM radio, 3 microphones and Dolby audio.
- Water-repellent P2i coating that protects against accidental spills, sweat, and light rain.
Moto G7 is a mid-range smartphone. On paper, the device seems to be too overpriced. The device holds a configuration which is easily available under 10k price segment.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 17K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Samsung Galaxy A30, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Galaxy M30, Zenfone Max Pro M2 and Oppo K1. So, the competition in this price range is very high.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone stands nowhere close neither in terms of specification nor in any other aspects.
Overall, We don’t recommend Moto G7 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Redmi Note 7 Pro (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Moto G7 is available for purchase at below-mentioned stores:[content-egg-block template=offers_logo] What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.