- Redmi Note 7 is one of the most-anticipated smartphone in India
- Pricing starts at Rs. 9,999
- It is available on Flipkart and other stores
On Thursday, Xiaomi launched its new smartphone, ‘Redmi Note 7’ in India. The smartphone is launched along with Redmi Note 7 Pro at the same event.
The latest smartphone sports a Dot Notch Display, Dual Rear Camera Setup, Snapdragon 660 SoC, 4000 mAh Battery and much more.
To recall, Redmi Note 7 was launched in China last month. The Chinese variant of Redmi Note 7 has a 48 MP Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor and a 5MP depth sensor which are not present in the Indian variant.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Glass Design, USB Type-C and 4000 mAh Battery.
Redmi Note 7: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Redmi Note 7 price in India is Rs. 9,999 for the 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage variant and Rs. 11,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Flipkart, Mi.com, Mi Home stores and select retail outlets starting March 6. It will come in Onyx Black, Ruby Red, and Sapphire Blue colour options.
- It also comes bundled with an ultra-slim protective case. The company has also introduced a perforated case available at Mi.com for Rs. 349.
- Launch offers include telecom offer from Airtel which provide 1120GB of 4G data, unlimited calling and free access to Airtel IP TV.
Redmi Note 7: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Redmi Note 7 sports a 6.3-inch Dot Notch LTPS Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor with Adreno 512 GPU. It comes with 3GB/4GB LPDDR4X RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (Nano+Nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP Sony IMX486 sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the second camera includes a 2MP depth sensor. On the front, there is a 13MP sensor. The phone has an LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 32GB/64GB internal storage and microSD card support upto 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5, GPS, IR (Infrared) blaster, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, digital compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Redmi Note 7 battery capacity is 4,000mAh with the support of 18W Qualcomm QuickCharge4+ fast charging (10W default charger bundled in-the-box). The handset measures 159.21×75.21×8.1mm and weighs 186 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone has a Dot Notch display (in other words, u-shaped notch display).
- The display used on this smartphone is LTPS in-cell display with1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, and 84% NTSC Color Gamut.
- It comes with Aura design.
- Both front and back of the phone are covered by 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for more durability.
- It comes in Sapphire Blue and Ruby Red colours. Both colours come with gradient finish on the back.
- It also features P2i nano-coating making it splash proof.
- Camera features include 1.25-micron pixels, AI scene detection, AI Portrait 2.0, and Night mode.
- Front Camera features include AI beautify, AI portrait, AI face unlock.
The Redmi Note 7 is an excellent feature packed smartphone which is loaded with a lot of premium features. The key attraction of the device is its glass gradient design which is not available in any smartphone. Also, Snapdragon 660 processor under 10k is great.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 10K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Samsung Galaxy M20, Realme U1, Realme 2 and Asus Zenfone Max M2. So, the competition in this price range is good enough.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering different features like Gradient Glass Design, Snapdragon 660 SoC and tons of features.
Overall, We recommend Redmi Note 7 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Samsung Galaxy M20 (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Redmi Note 7 is available for purchase at below-mentioned stores:[content-egg-block template=offers_logo]
Visit our webiste daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.