- Oppo K1 is cheapest smartphone to feature in-display fingerprint sensor
- It also sport an AMOLED display
- It will be available via Flipkart starting Feb 12
On Wednesday, Oppo launched its new smartphone, ‘Oppo K1’ in India. The smartphone was launched in China back in October 2018.
The latest smartphone sports a Full-HD+ AMOLED Display, 25MP Selfie Camera, Snapdragon 660 SoC, In-Display Fingerprint sensor and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are AMOLED Display, 25MP Front Camera and In-Display Fingerprint Sensor.
Oppo K1: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Oppo K1 price in India is Rs. 16,990 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Flipkart starting 12 PM-noon on February 12. It will come in Astral Blue and Piano Black colours.
- Launch offer includes 10 percent instant discount on Citibank debit and credit cards, No-Cost EMI, Flipkart’s Complete Mobile Protection and 90 percent Buyback guarantee at Rs. 1.
Oppo K1: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Oppo K1 sports a 6.4-inch AMOLED Waterdrop Notch Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 8.1 Oreo on the top of ColorOS 5.2, the phone runs on 1.95GHz octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor with Adreno 512 GPU. It comes with 4GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (Nano+Nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 16MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture and the second camera includes a 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, there is a 25MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB internal storage and microSD card support upto 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, digital compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Oppo K1 battery capacity is 3,600mAh. The handset measures 158.3×75.5×7.4mm and weighs 156 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone has an AMOLED display panel with waterdrop notch design and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- The back panel of the smartphone has a gradient design.
- The display has 402ppi pixel density, 91 percent screen-to-body ratio and a peak brightness of 430 nits.
- It also comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Hyper Boost tech for an optimised gaming experience.
- Rear camera feature includes AI scene detection and AI-powered portrait mode.
- Front camera feature includes AI-based beautification features and 296-point facial recognition.
The Oppo K1 is a first device from the company which looks promising on paper. It that comes with a bundle of feature which users require in their device. It also follows latest smartphone trends like in-display fingerprint sensor and waterdrop notch display. The camera specification is a doubt on this device. The configuration is strong that can provide users with great processing speed.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 17K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Redmi Note 6 Pro (6GB), Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (6GB), Honor 8X (6GB), Huawei Y9 (2019) and Mi A2. So, the competition in this price range is very high.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering the Snapdragon 660 SoC, 25MP Front Camera and other decent specifications. It is also offering in-display fingerprint sensor and AMOLED display at an affordable price making USP of this device.
Overall, We recommend Oppo K1 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy Oppo K1 from below: