- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition is priced in India at Rs. 50,999
- It comes with 10GB of RAM and McLaren custom design
- It comes with different kind of stuffs in the box
On Wednesday, OnePlus launched ‘OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition’ smartphone. The smartphone is a Limited Edition of OnePlus 6T which was launched in the month of October 2018.
The latest smartphone sports a full-HD+ Teardrop Notch Display, 10GB of RAM, Snapdragon 845 SoC and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Warp Charge 30, 10GB RAM, McLaren signature papaya orange colour placed on the bottom and carbon fibre pattern below the glass on the rear panel.
OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition price in India is Rs. 50,999 for the 10GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be exclusively available for purchase via Amazon.in, OnePlus.in and OnePlus offline stores starting December 15. It will be exclusively available at OnePlus Experience Store in Connaught Place, New Delhi on December 13. It will come in Speed Orange colour.
- Launch offer includes Rs. 2000 cashback on EMI transactions on Axis bank cards, Rs. 1,500 cashback on all transactions on Axis bank cards, upto 6-months No-Cost EMI, extra Rs. 3000 off on exchange of old OnePlus smartphones and extra Rs. 2000 off on exchange of all other old smartphones.
OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition sports a 6.41-inch Teardrop Notch AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. The smartphone has 86 percent screen-to-body ratio along with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Protection. Based on OxygenOS on the top of Android 9.0 Pie, the phone runs on 2.8GHz Snapdragon 845 processor with Adreno 630 GPU. It comes with 10GB RAM option.
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes 16MP Sony IMX519 sensor with f/1.7 aperture and the second camera includes 20MP Sony IMX376K sensor with f/1.7 aperture. The phone supports EIS and OIS. On the front, there is a single camera setup, the 16MP Sony IMX371 sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 256GB UFS 2.1 internal storage. The smartphone doesn’t have expandable storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 with aptX, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, electronic compass, RGB ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. The OnePlus 6T battery capacity is 3,700mAh with the support of 30W Warp Charge 30 fast charging. The handset measures 157.5×74.8×8.2mm and weighs 185 grams.
In The Box:
In the box, there is a book celebrating the history of both companies, Papaya Orange braided cord cable, McLaren’s logo, the iconic Speedmark, recreated in McLaren-designed F1 AA grade carbon fibre – the same material used in the McLaren MCL33 2018 Formula 1 car. OnePlus says that over six F1 cars’ worth of carbon fibre was used in the production of the Speedmarks. The phone has exclusive software animations, tuned to McLaren’s unique style and history.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone has a premium glass-finish rear panel with McLaren designed F1 AA-grade carbon fibre pattern below the glass which is said to be the same material used in the McLaren MCL33 2018 Formula 1 car.
- It also has McLaren signature papaya orange colour placed on the bottom and Light streaks across the McLaren logo, illuminating and disappearing in an instant.
- Teardrop (waterdrop style) Display Notch on the front.
- Thin bezels on all sides (including bottom chin) with 86 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- Camera features include AI Scene Detection, Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, Nightscape, Panorama, Time-Lapse, HDR, HQ, Studio Lighting, RAW Image. It can shoot Slow-motion at 240fps (1080p), 480fps (720p), and Nightscape mode for better low-light photography. It can also shoot 4K videos at 60fps.
- Front camera features include EIS, Face Unlock, Portrait Mode, HDR, Screen Flash, Studio Lighting, Smile Capture, Face Retouching. It can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps from front camera.
- Smart-boost optimization.
- In-display fingerprint sensor is claimed to unlock the smartphone in 0.34 seconds and work with the OnePlus screen protector (pre-applied).
- Face Unlock feature said to unlock the smartphone in 0.4 seconds
- Smart Boot feature that is said to improve app cold-start speeds by 5 to 20 percent by caching frequently used apps – it currently will only work with gaming apps, with additional compatibility planned for the future.
- Gaming Mode in OxygenOS.
- Activate Google Assistant by long pressing the power button (Arriving soon).
- Lift-up Display feature to read notifications from lock screen.
- Dirac HD Sound and Dirac Power Sound support.
- 30W Warp Charge 30 Fast Charging tech said to offer a day’s worth of power in 20 minutes.
It is somewhat of a tradition for OnePlus to launch a special edition of its flagship device. In the last couple of years, it has launched the Star Wars Limited Edition and Marvel Avengers Limited Edition editions, and now it is time for one more. Today, the company has taken the wraps off the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition.
No doubt, the papaya orange colour on the bottom side edges, carbon fibre under the glass back looks very good and gives the phone a different look. The inclusion of 30W is good. But frankly, in 2018, there is no need of 10GB RAM on a smartphone, 6GB or 8GB are more than enough which are already available on regular OnePlus 6T.
Much of what you get on the McLaren Edition is the same as the standard OnePlus 6T variant and they charge extra 13K for speed orange colour, 10GB RAM and Warp Charge.
If they are charging an extra 13K premium amount from the base variant, they should have given improved cameras or added IP Rating or provided something else which seems more practical than just another speed orange colour edition and 10GB of RAM that nobody needs.
Overall, We don’t recommend OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition to buy in this price range. You can go with the regular OnePlus 6T (Flash Review) which is still a spectacular smartphone at a better price.
Buy OnePlus 6T McLaren from below:[content-egg-block template=offers_list] What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.