- Redmi Note 6 Pro is latest smartphone in company's Note series
- It comes with Snapdragon 636 SoC
- Pricing in India starts at Rs. 13,999
On Thursday, Xiaomi announced the latest smartphone in its Note series, Redmi Note 6 Pro. The smartphone is the successor of most popular mid-range smartphone Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Compared to Redmi Note 5 Pro, the smartphone has few upgrades in term of specifications and design. It has now 19:9 display with a notch, a dual selfie camera, improved rear camera by pixel size & aperture.
The smartphone has overall quad cameras setup — two rear cameras and two front-facing cameras.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are four camera setup and a massive 4,000 mAh battery.
Redmi Note 6 Pro: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Redmi Note 6 Pro price in India starts at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant and Rs. 15,999 for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting November 23 at 12 PM IST. The smartphone will come in Black, Blue, Red, and Rose Gold colours.
- Launch offers include cashback of Rs. 500 on all HDFC credit and debit cards on November 23, Rs. 2400 Jio Instant Cashback and upto 6GB Jio 4G Data.
- Only on November 23 at 12 PM IST, during the ‘Black Friday Sale’, the company is offering Rs. 1,000 discount for both variants — 4GB RAM variant will cost Rs. 12,999 and 6GB RAM variant will cost Rs. 14,999.
- A TPU Silicon Case is bundled with the retail box.
Redmi Note 6 Pro: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Redmi Note 6 Pro sports a 6.26-inch Notch Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and full-HD+ (1080×2220 pixels) resolution. Based on MIUI 10 on the top of Android 8.1 Oreo, the phone runs on the Snapdragon 636 14nm processor with Adreno 509 GPU. It comes with 4GB/ 6GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of hybrid dual-SIM (Nano+Nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.9 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a dual camera setup as well, the first camera includes a 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor with f/2.0 aperture and the second camera includes a 2MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB of internal storage and microSD support up to 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual-band, 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0, 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, NFC and Micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, IR blaster and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. The Redmi Note 6 Pro battery capacity is 4,000mAh with the support of Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (bundled charger in the box is not a fast charger with 10W charging). The handset is listed in Black, Blue, Red, and Rose Gold colours measures 157.61×76.38×8.26mm and weighs 182 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone features P2i water-repellent nanotechnology.
- The display panel is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass (version is not mentioned by the company).
- The display has a maximum brightness of 500 nits.
- Camera feature includes Dual Pixel Autofocus, EIS, AI scene detection, Large 1.4µm pixel size and AI Portrait 2.0 (with Dynamic Bokeh, Light Trails, and Studio Lighting).
- Front Camera feature includes 4-in-1 Super Pixel, AI Face Unlock, AI Scene Detection, AI Beautify and AI Portrait Selfie (with real-time portrait preview).
- The rear camera can recognize scenes in 32 categories, including 5 which are India specific, and the front camera can detect 12 categories.
- Camera features available after capturing the pictures are adjustable bokeh, studio lighting with 6 effects that use AI semantic segmentation and also comes with light trails that comes with 6 dynamic bokeh effects.
The new Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is a mid-range smartphone having a bundle of features which can deliver an all-round performance. It comes with a premium looking design. The processor is strong enough to handle any sort of multitasking and high-end gaming.
Xiaomi did improve the smartphone with some camera improvements and design but the company missed one thing which they should have upgraded that is the processor to Snapdragon 660 instead of keeping same Snapdragon 636. On the other hand, Realme 2 Pro already comes with Snapdragon 660 SoC at the same price (this statement doesn’t mean that Snapdragon 636 is weak or bad processor).
Overall, We recommend Redmi Note 6 Pro to buy. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation at this price will be Realme 2 Pro.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy Redmi Note 5 Pro from below: