- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) is world's first smartphone with quad rear camera setup
- Galaxy A9 (2018) price in India starts at Rs. 36,990
- Sale starts November 28
On Tuesday, Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) which is touted to be ‘World’s first smartphone with quad rear camera setup’ is launched in India. The smartphone is the successor of three-year-old Galaxy A9 (2015).
The smartphone features overall five cameras — four cameras on the back and one camera on the front. To recall, the South Korean tech giant already launched this smartphone last month in Malaysia.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are quad rear camera setup, Infinity Display and 3D glass curve back.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018): Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) price in India starts at Rs. 36,990 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and Rs. 39,990 for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm Mall, Samsung Shop, Airtel Store and offline channels starting November 28. The smartphone will come in Bubblegum Pink, Caviar Black, and Lemonade Blue colours.
- Pre-booking starts today (November 20).
- Launch offers include cashback of Rs. 3,000 on all HDFC credit and debit cards, Airtel Online Store down payment offer.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018): Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) sports a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display 18.5:9 aspect ratio and full-HD+ (1080×2220 pixels) resolution. Based on Samsung Experience UX based on Android 8.0 Oreo, the phone runs on the Snapdragon 660 14nm (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) processor with Adreno 512 GPU. It comes with 6GB/ 8GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of dual-SIM (Nano).
In optics, there is a quad rear camera setup. The first camera includes 24MP camera sensor with f/1.7 aperture, the second camera includes 10MP telephoto camera sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 2x optical zoom, the third camera includes 8MP ultra-wide camera sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 120-degree viewing angle and the fourth camera includes 5MP depth camera sensor with f/2.2 aperture. On the front, it comes with a single camera with 24MP camera sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
The rear cameras come with a feature like pixel binning to combine 4 pixels into one in low-light conditions. The smartphone also features Face Unlock, Bixby assistant and Samsung Pay.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB of internal storage and microSD support up to 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual-band, 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0, 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. The Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) battery capacity is 3,800mAh with the support of adaptive fast charging. The handset is listed in Bubblegum Pink, Caviar Black, and Lemonade Blue colours measures 162.5x77x7.8mm and weighs 183 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone features Bixby Voice assistant.
- Samsung Pay and Samsung Health.
- Face Unlock feature.
- Pixel binning camera feature to combine 4 pixels into one in low-light conditions.
- Camera feature which recognises 19 different scenes and optimises colour settings to produce shots matching the content.
- Camera feature which detects flaws such as closed eyes, facial blur, or backlight in the images you clicked and notifies you to re-click them
- Front camera features like selfie focus and pro-lighting.
- AR Emoji camera feature which let you create upto 36 animated emojis.
- For audio enhancement, it comes with Dolby Atmos feature.
No doubts, the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) is the world’s first smartphone that features a quad rear camera. Also, It has an amazing design with the 3D rear glass back panel that feels premium. The display will help you experience videos as vivid as you always wanted to be due to Super AMOLED Infinity Display.
But where it lacks is price-to-performance ratio. 37K is just not acceptable for Snapdragon 660 SoC (this doesn’t mean that Snapdragon 660 SoC is bad or weak). The biggest competitors of this smartphone are OnePlus 6T, Google Pixel 2 XL, LG G7 Plus ThinQ, OnePlus 6, POCO F1, Asus Zenfone 5Z which are similar or less priced and offers a better processor Snapdragon 845.
So, a lot of competition is there and having a beautiful design, a quad rear camera will not help Galaxy A9 (2018) to survive in this Indian market.
Overall, Galaxy A9 (2018) is for those peoples who only want to spend their hard-ended money on Samsung smartphones. For rest, you can still go with last year’s Pixel 2 XL which has greatest smartphone camera of all time, also it got Pixel 3 XL camera features recently.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy Galaxy A9 (2018) from below:[content-egg-block template=offers_list]
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.