- First MacBook Air To Get Retina Display
- Touch ID Fingerprint recognition is also supported
- The sale starts from November 7
On Tuesday, Apple launched MacBook Air (2018) at an event held in New York, USA. The latest laptop from the company got new design upgrades after 2010.
The latest MacBook Air highlighting features are Retina Display, Touch ID and T2 Security Chip.
MacBook Air (2018) Price, Sale Date
- MacBook Air (2018) price starts at $1,199 (roughly Rs. 88,300) for the 8GB RAM/ 128GB SSD model and $1,399 (roughly Rs. 1,03,000) for the 8GB RAM/ 256GB SSD model.
- The laptop will be available for purchase starting November 7 in the US. Pre-order in the US starts October 30. The laptop will come in Gold, Silver, and Space Gray colours.
- MacBook Air (2018) price in India starts at Rs. 1,14,900 for the 8GB RAM/ 128GB SSD model and Rs. 1,34,900 for the 8GB RAM/ 256GB SSD model.
- The laptop will be available for purchase starting November 7 in India as well.
MacBook Air (2018) Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, MacBook Air (2018) sports a 13.3-inch Retina Display with 16:10 aspect ratio and 2560×1600 pixels resolution. Based on macOS, the laptop runs on 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost upto 3.6GHz) with Intel UHD Graphics 617. It comes with 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 RAM option (expandable upto 16GB of RAM).
In optics, there is 720p FaceTime HD camera on top of the display. When it comes to storage, the laptop comes with 128GB SSD/256GB SSD (expandable upto 1.5TB SSD).
Connectivity suite of the laptop includes Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, 3.5mm headphone jack, two USB Type-C Thunderbolt 3 ports on the left side which will give it power, USB, Thunderbolt connectivity, HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and eGPU connectivity. The MacBook Air (2018) battery capacity is 50.3Wh with 30W charging. The laptop is listed in Gold, Silver, and Space Gray colours, measures 300.4×210.4×15.6mm and weighs 1.25 kilograms.
The latest MacBook Air got many upgrades and new features, which are listed below:
- It features Retina Display for the first time.
- 48 percent more colours on the display and 50 percent narrower bezels, than previous gen MacBook Air.
- 17 percent less volume than previous gen MacBook Air.
- 10 percent thinner than previous gen MacBook Air.
- Touch ID Fingerprint recognition feature on the key of the keyboard.
- Apple T2 Security Chip provides a secure enclave for Touch ID but also contains the SSD controller and other vital components like an image signal processor.
- Backlit keyboard with individual lighting behind each key and based on the third-generation Butterfly mechanism which is said to be 4 times more stable.
- New Force Touch trackpad — 20 percent larger area apart from pressure-sensing capabilities.
- Loud stereo speakers with three-mic array.
- 12 hours of wireless Web browsing, 13 hours of iTunes movie playback, and 30 days of standby time (claimed by Apple).
- The laptop is built with 100 percent recycled aluminium.
Below is the list previous generation MacBook Air:[content-egg-block template=offers_list] What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.