A 6-year-old boy from Brooklyn was playing with a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone when the device suddenly exploded in his hands. Samsung had recently issued a recall for all its Note 7 smartphones over an exploding battery issue.
The boy’s grandmother said that he is now too scared to go near other devices. The exploding phone burst into flames & also set off the fire alarm in the house. The incident occurred just before 8 pm when his family called 911 & took him to Downstate Medical Centre with burns on his body. “He is home now,” said his grandmother, Linda Lewis. “He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother.”
Till now more than 30 cases of the exploding battery defect have been reported. Samsung has warned users of overheating & exploding batteries in the phone & told users to turn off the devices & get them exchanged. Samsung issued a global recall for its flagship smartphone Galaxy Note 7 units in early September after the Samsung discovered a major battery fault in the smartphone which caused it to explode.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.