With the beginning of phase 3 of the vaccination drive in the country, vaccine registration for people aged between 18-44 years has also begun. From 4 pm on Wednesday, April 28, the registrations went live for the adults under the age of 45 to register for the Covid-19 vaccine.
All you need to have is valid Indian identity proof such as an Aadhar card, a PAN card, or other government ID for anyone to register. This is part of phase 3 of the vaccination drive in the country with phase 1 being for citizens over the age of 60 along with people above 45 years having one of the listed comorbidities. While phase 2 was for all citizens above the age of 45.
Approved Vaccines In India
As of today, there are just two vaccines for Covid-19 approved in the country. All Indians can take one of these two vaccines only. These vaccines are:
- Covaxin: The vaccine is an indigenous COVID-19 developed and manufactured by the Hyderabad-based healthcare company Bharat Biotech. The company has developed the vaccine in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). The vaccine has been codenamed BBV152.
- CoviShield: The other vaccine approved and being given to the Indians is this vaccine developed by Oxford University’s Jenner Institute in collaboration with British pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca and manufactured in the country by Serum Institute of India (SII) in Pune, Maharashtra. The vaccine is codenamed AZD1222.
Apart from these, the approval for emergency use authorization (EUA) in the country has also been given to the Russian vaccine Sputnik V. Although there is no official timeline on the availability and pricing of the same for the public.
How To Register For Vaccination
There are three ways to register for Covid-19 vaccination for individuals in the age group of 18-44 years.
- Registering through the Aarogya Setu app.
- Registering through the CoWIN app.
- Registering through the CoWIN website.
Registering Through The Aarogya Setu App
The Government of India’s Aarogya Setu app is the most common and widely used place for registering for the Covid-19 vaccine. To start the process, make sure you are on the latest version of the Aarogya Setu app. If not, update the app or download the app (Android, iOS).
- Open the Aarogya Setu app on your smartphone and option on the Vaccination tab on the screen.
- Now you will be asked to log in using your mobile number. Enter your mobile number and click on Proceed To Verify. You will now receive an OTP that you have to enter on the screen. After entering the OTP tap on the Proceed To Verify option.
- Now since the mobile number is verified, you will be able to view the individuals linked to the number or even add new individuals from here.
- Select the individual you want to book slots for and tap on the Schedule Vaccination option.
- Now enter the Pin Code and select the Date for which you want to book slots while also selecting Free or Paid vaccination center based on your preference. Then tap on the Find Vaccination Center option.
- You will now get the available vaccination centers and select the same based on your preference and confirm your slot.
Registering Through The CoWIN App
The Government of India has released a CoWIN app for users to register for the Covid-19 vaccination. The app is although available only for Android users. Make sure you are on the latest version of the app as you start the process and if not update the app before.
- Open the CoWIN android app and enter your mobile number and tap on the get OTP option. You will receive an OTP to log in that you have to enter and then tap on the ‘Verify OTP’ option.
- You will be now directed to the Registration page where you have to enter all your personal details. Details such as name, gender, birth year, and are asked here.
- Now you will need to upload the necessary documents and then tap Register. You will now be asked to select a nearby health center and schedule an appointment.
The app is although not recommended to be used as a large number of users have complained of some login issues. Moreover, the app also has just a 2.4-star rating on the Google Play Store. Hence, it is recommended to use the CoWIN website instead of the android app.
Registering Through The CoWIN Website
Users can also make use of the CoWIN website for registration for the Covid-19 vaccine.
- To register through the CoWIN website, users have to log on to cowin.gov.in. Here, scroll down and at ‘Find Your Nearest Vaccination Center’, where it asks to enter your PIN, type your PIN Code and click on search to check the availability of slots.
- Now on the top of your screen click on the ‘Register/ Sign In Yourself’ option and enter your mobile number to sign in/ register.
- Enter the OTP you have received on your entered mobile number. Follow the instructions you get on your screen and enter all the required information asked on the screen. Details such as name, date of birth, Aadhar Card, etc will be asked to be entered.
- Now once the details are entered, enter the PIN and search for slots. Based on availability, book the desired slot and proceed to confirm your slot.
The availability of slots is dependent on the location you currently reside in and based on that slots are available. There are several states with a reported shortage of vaccine and based on the availability of the same the slots will be allocated. You can also not select the vaccine you want to take as even it depends on the availability at your location.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.