The second wave of Covid-19 is causing havoc across the country. The number of new cases daily has hit an all-time high not just for India but for any other country around the globe. Just a couple of days back, the new daily cases crossed 4 lakhs. Despite this steep rise in cases, scientists and experts believe that the peak is still not reached. Several states have announced lockdowns and laid restrictions on movement for citizens.
Though there is a sharp rise in cases, the government is also pushing the vaccine drive in the country. As part of phase 3 of the vaccination drive, all individuals above the age of 18 were eligible to receive the Covid-19 vaccine from May 1.
Precautions You Should Take!
The best way to fight the virus is by taking the necessary precautions and staying safe and away from the deadly virus. It’s not easy to cure the disease and so taking the necessary preventive measures is very important. Follow the following preventive measures to stay safe from the virus:
- Do not go outside the house unless necessary to do so.
- Always wear masks the moment you step out of your house. Even if you are in the car make sure you have your masks on. Wearing double masks is also recommended.
- Follow social distancing and always maintain a distance of 2 meters from anyone else.
- Regularly wash your hands especially if you are going out. Either use soap and water or make use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Keep taking nutrients and vitamin-rich foods or supplements in your everyday diet to build immunity.
- If you experience any symptoms, including cough, fever, or difficulty breathing, make sure you take a Covid-19 test and strictly isolate yourself from family and friends.
- Keep checking several critical health parameters:
- Blood Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) – Above 95
- Pulse – Between 60-100
- Temperature – Less than 100
Register For Covid-19 Vaccine
The biggest weapon we today have against the Coronavirus is the vaccine. The Government of India has opened up vaccinations for all adults above the age of 18 now. All citizens must register themselves and try to take the vaccines as soon as they possibly can.
Users can register themselves for the Covid-19 vaccine through Aarogya Setu App, CoWIN android app, and CoWIN website. For a detailed step-by-step guide on how to register for the Covid-19 vaccine, refer to this article – How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine In India For People Aged 18-44 Years.
Useful Covid-19 Resources For Indians
Currently, due to an acute rise in Coronavirus cases all around the country, there is a lot of difficulties in finding beds, oxygen, plasma, medicine, and lots of other essentials required for the treatment of the virus. There are several websites having details about information regarding the same and can be useful to anyone in need of it. Here is a collection of several websites providing such essentials:
The micro-blogging platform, Twitter has come up with a customized search option to find the necessary information easily. Twitter has created a website where users can put information such as what they need having options like Beds, Oxygen, Tests, Plasma, Remdesivir, etc. There is also an option to input the location/ name of the city where there is the requirement of the same. To make use of Twitter follow these steps:
- Visit https://covid19-twitter.in or click here.
- Firstly, enter the city where you need the resources for.
- Now tick the products based on your requirements.
- And then click on the ‘Search or Generate Links’ button.
Now you will be able to view all the tweets for the entered location for your requirement.
Another website that provides all the tweets for any medicinal requirement at a particular location is covidsupport.xyz. Even this app searches Twitter for any tweets on the search and then shows the user all tweets. Along with the tweet, it also shows the number of people the tweet has helped. To make use of the website all you have to do is:
- Visit https://covidsupport.xyz or click here.
- Enter the location you want the medical product.
- Now enter the product you want and click on the search option.
Other Useful Websites:
- For links of all resources- https://www.covid19india.org/resources
- For Oxygen, beds, medicines, plasma, ambulance– https://covidhelp.glideapp.io
- For the search of all resources – https://covid19-twitter.in
- National resources – https://www.covid19resourcesindia.com/
- National resources Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/covidaidresources/
- Remdesivir – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDj8H3Jnm-mIVnSphcZx4HgpgL0B47il/view
- Tocilizumab – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VEFgbsCpDrnkVEdljCh1sndLtatlvtvl/view
- All Resources India – https://external.sprinklr.com/insights/explorer/dashboard/601b9e214c7a6b689d76f493/tab/2?id=DASHBOARD_601b9e214c7a6b689d76f493
- Helpline, Consultation, Test -https://covid19helpindia.in/
- All resources– https://covid.army/
- All resources- https://verifiedcovidleads.com
- Mental Health – https://mentalhealthcovid.glideapp.io
- All resources– http://covidwall.wishboard.co
How To Donate Plasma
Plasma is very essential for the treatment of Covid-19 positive patients and hence anyone who has previously been Covid-19 positive but is now cured can donate his/ her plasma.
However, there are various guidelines that must be followed by the plasma donor. Following are the things to remember:
- The person should have tested negative for Covid-19 at least 28 days before donating.
- The person should not have any kind of symptoms of Coronavirus in the last 14 days.
- The donor should have high antibody levels in their plasma before donating it.
- The blood type of the donor and the recipient must be compatible.
Any donor has to first register themselves before donating it. The registration can be done on the following websites:
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.