On Tuesday, Samsung launched its new smartphone, ‘Samsung Galaxy S20 FE’ in India. The smartphone was globally launched last month as a part of the ‘Galaxy S20 lineup’ and can also be said as toned-down version of the original Galaxy S20. Here, ‘FE’ stands for ‘Fan Edition’.
In terms of design, the smartphone is a combination of Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note20 – the overall design resembles Galaxy S20 whereas the camera module resembles Galaxy Note20. Also, it comes in a wide range of colours.
The key specifications of the smartphone include a Super AMOLED display, Triple Rear Cameras, 8GB RAM, Exynos 990 SoC and 4500mAh Battery.
The main highlights of the smartphone are 120Hz Super AMOLED Display battery and five color options.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Price in India, Sale Date, Offers
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE price is Rs. 49,999 for the sole 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant.
- It will come in Cloud Red, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy and Cloud White colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Samsung.com, Amazon and major retail stores starting October 16. Pre-order starts October 9.
- Pre-booking offer include benefits up to Rs. 8,000 which includes Samsung e-Store benefits worth Rs. 4,000 & upgrade bonus of Rs. 3,000 or cashback up to Rs. 4,000 via HDFC cards.
To recall, the smartphone was unveiled globally with 4G (Exynos 990 SoC) and 5G (Snapdragon 865 SoC) models as well as in 3 configurations — 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB, and 8GB/256GB — which are available in six colour options including the Cloud Orange which is sadly not launched in India.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE sports a 6.5-inch Infinity-O Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 10 on the top of OneUI, the phone runs on 2.73GHz octa-core 7nm Exynos 990 processor with Mali-G77 MP11 GPU. It comes with 8GB LPDDR5 RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.0 aperture and the third camera includes a 12MP 123-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB (UFS 3.1) internal storage which is expandable up to 1TB via microSD. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS+GLONASS, NFC, MST and USB Type-C port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and optical in-display fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE battery capacity is 4500mAh with support of 25W fast charging (15W fast charger in the box included) and wireless charging. The handset measures 159.8×74.5×8.4mm thick and weighs 190 grams.
- Full-HD+ Infinity-O (Punch-Hole) Super AMOLED display with 407 ppi.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Optical in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include OIS, PDAF, Intelli-Cam, Single Take, 4K video recording, slow-mo video recording, AR Emoji and AR doodles.
- 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom via 8MP telephoto camera sensor.
- IP-68 Water & Dust Resistant.
- Supports 25W fast charging and 15W fast charger included in the box.
- Wireless Charging and Wireless PowerShare (wirelessly charge other wireless charging supported devices).
- Audio features include USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos.
- Samsung Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.