Apple has announced the latest Apple OS, iOS 14 will be officially launched today. The OS will be available to be downloaded from 10:30 pm tonight. The operating system was unveiled in WWDC 2020 event back in June. Apart from iOS 14, even iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, and tvOS 14 will be launched today. Just yesterday Apple raised the curtains over Apple iPad Air 4, Apple iPad 8th Gen, Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch SE, and Apple One.
iOS 14 Compatible Devices
The devices eligible to receive iOS 14 update include:
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone SE (2016)
When And How To Download iOS 14?
The latest OS for Apple mobile, iOS 14 will be coming to users at 10 am PST/10:30 pm IST on 16th September 2020. Tim Cook, Apple CEO announced this during the keynote held on Monday that the update will be official today.
To Download the latest Operating System from Apple you have to simply go to Settings-> General -> Software Update after 10:30 pm today. The update will automatically be downloaded unless you have detected that option. After that restart your device to launch the latest OS.
Key Features Of iOS 14
Apple had announced the Operating System back in June during the WWDC 2020. The following are the biggest changes to your Apple Smartphones:
- App Library – The update is set to organize and group the installed applications in the library allowing easy access to the users.
- Introductions of Widgets – Finally widgets are coming to Apple Smartphones. Users can add new widgets, customize them, and also resize the widgets.
- Picture-in-Picture Mode – Another feature not new to Android users which finally lands in iOS is the PiP mode. Users can now be on a video call and even reply to conversations without any interruptions in either.
- App Clip – This is a very interesting feature that allows users to make use of an app partially without downloading it onto their devices.
- Enhanced Siri – As always there are some performance improvements to Siri. But the major change also includes a visual overhaul. Siri now won’t take the whole screen when the assistant is called. It will just occupy a small part of the bottom of the screen.
- Change Default Apps – This is probably something several Apple users have been wanting for long. Now you will be able to change the default apps such as Maps, Browser, etc and set it to your preferred apps.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.