Mahendra Singh Dhoni, arguably the most decorated and successful captain of all time, announced his retirement from international cricket on 15th August 2020. The retirement ended a 16-Year career from the man from Ranchi. After Dhoni’s announcement, even long time teammate Suresh Raina also announced his retirement soon after.
Under MS Dhoni’s captaincy, India won the 2007 inaugural T20 World Cup followed by the 2011 ODI World Cup ending the 28-year long wait for the trophy. Not just the captaincy, Dhoni also played in 350 ODI matches amassing 10,773 runs in the period at an average of over 50.
Various brands took to Twitter to give their tribute to one of the most iconic players from the country to ever grace the sport.
Have a look at the most interesting and creative tweets below:
- The Search Giant Google had its own special way of showing love for the ex-Indian skipper
We can try ?ing, but there isn't going to be anyone like you @msdhoni.
— Google India (@GoogleIndia) August 16, 2020
- Amul like always was at their creative best for the maestro
— Amul.coop (@Amul_Coop) August 16, 2020
- The Ministry of Railways had a special message for MS for the transition he faced from collecting tickets at the station to wins almost everywhere he could.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) August 16, 2020
- Indigo airlines thanked Dhoni for flying 1.38 billion Indians on his ‘Helicopter’ numerous times
To an incredible journey of our very own captain cool. Thank you for inspiring us to dream big and making cricket more than just a game for all of us. We wish you the best in your next innings. Share with us your best moments of @msdhoni . ? #Dhoni #mahi #LetsIndiGo #Cricket pic.twitter.com/chKC5Sw7Dj
— IndiGo (@IndiGo6E) August 15, 2020
- Disney+ Hotstar were just every Indian in urging the Captain Cool to reconsider his decision.
— Disney+ Hotstar (@DisneyPlusHS) August 16, 2020
- There’s always something interesting in store from Dunzo who thanked both Dhoni and Raina for their careers.
Amar, Akbar, AnDhoni. Here's to the boys who united the whole country. Raina shine, you always managed to win our hearts. You will be MSD. ?#dhoniretires #msdhoni #thaladhoni #thankyoumahi #sureshraina #indiancricketteam #mahimaarrahahai #dhonism #dhonifan pic.twitter.com/EFPcIpGcG5
— Dunzo (@DunzoIt) August 15, 2020
- Zomato India was there to serve any comfort food to most of us who needed it.
— Zomato (@ZomatoIN) August 16, 2020
- KFC appreciating both of the great finishers Dhoni and their Buckets
— KFC India (@KFC_India) August 16, 2020
- Parle-G bidding farewell to the Captain Cool is a very creative style.
We like our Chai hot and our “Captain Cool”. You ended this game in style – like always; and we bid you farewell.
#ParleG #Dhoni #CaptainCool #MsDhoni #DhoniRetires #ThankYouDhoni #Cricket #Biscuit #Chai #Game pic.twitter.com/eIW9PLchBD
— Parle-G (@officialparleg) August 15, 2020
- Start Sports thanking the #7 in a beautiful picture.
— Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) August 15, 2020
- Arguably The King of Wordplay Manforce Condoms also had a special thank you message for Mahi.
— Manforce Condoms (@ManforceIndia) August 15, 2020
- Reliance Jio thanking Dhoni for answering the call every time the country needed it
Speed dial 7
— Reliance Jio (@reliancejio) August 16, 2020
- Muthoot India was just like every Indian thanking the Golden Hearted MSD.
The man with a midas touch, whose innings will be etched in our hearts forever!
— The Muthoot Group (@TheMuthootGroup) August 16, 2020
- Paytm thanking Mahi for all the memories.
More than 1929 reasons that we'll miss you. ?
— Paytm (@Paytm) August 15, 2020
- Netflix India sharing the Sunday mood of probably every Dhoni fan out there.
Sunday mood: Watching time travel movies to find a way to go back and watch Dhoni and Raina play again.
— Netflix India (@NetflixIndia) August 16, 2020
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.