The biggest hassle upon changing of a phone is transferring the data from the old device to the new one. But amongst all the data, the most important and useful is the contacts transferring which is the most tedious task.
If the old and new phone is an Android device then Google Contacts works brilliantly as all the old contacts are linked to the Google account and upon logging in to the new device using the account you can recover all the contacts. Similarly, if the old and new device is an iPhone the same works just instead of Google Account its the iCloud account. But the real trouble is migrating from an iPhone to an Android device.
The following are various ways to transfer contacts from an iPhone to Android phone:
Exporting Contacts Using iCloud
- Open any Web Browser on your computer other than Google Chrome.
- Open iCloud.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Select Contacts.
- Click on all contacts.
- Press Command+A key on mac or Shift+A key on windows.
- On the bottom left click on the settings icon.
- Click export Card. This saves all the contacts in a .vcf file
With the contacts ready to be exported in a .vcf format now time to import into the new Android device.
Importing Contacts Using Google Contacts
- Open any Web Browser on your computer.
- Sign in to your Google Account which you will be using on your Android device.
- Open the Google Contacts page which has the URL contacts.google.com.
- Click Import.
- Select the .vcf file from your computer.
- Click Import. All your contacts will slowly appear.
With the contacts linked to your Google Account, you are good to go. Just login to your new device using the same Google Account and you will find the contacts.
But if you want to import the contacts to an old Android device you will have to sync the contacts as well.
Syncing Google Account With Your Phone
- Open the Settings app on your Android Phone.
- Tap on Accounts option.
- Select your Google Account.
- Tap Account Sync.
- Tap on the Three Vertical Dots on the top right corner of the screen and tap on Sync Now.
There are other ways to transfer contacts as well such as using a Lightning-to-USB (Or Type-C depending on your Android Phone) to manually transfer all the contacts from the iPhone to Android phone as well.
Also, various Android manufacturers have their own Data transferring apps such as Samsung Smart Switch, OnePlus Switch, LG Bridge, etc which can be used for transferring data and contacts from an old Android or iPhone device to the new Android device.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.