Aarogya Setu App has been very highly debated as soon as the Government of India launched it to monitor the people in order to tackle Covid-19. The major reason for the controversy around the app was because it was the first app in the country which traced contact along with using users Location and Bluetooth.
But now the users can delete the app permanently along with app data. Aarogya Setu App has rolled out an update for Android as well as iOS which enables users to delete their account and even remove the App Data.
To do so follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the app. If not go to Play Store or App Store for Android and iOS users respectively and update the app.
- Open the updated app and tap on the three horizontal lines (Option Button) on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings Option.
- In setting, tap on the Delete My Account option.
- Enter your registered mobile number and tap on the Delete Account button on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on I Agree on the new page that appears.
- The app will now ask permission to access Bluetooth on the device for 120 seconds. Allow the app to do so.
- Again the app asks the phone number to verify your identity. Enter the OTP you will receive on the registered number and tap on the submit option.
- The app will delete your data.
Note: Currently upon doing so the user will still be logged in the app and user data is not deleted. But this is likely just a temporary bug in the app which will likely be resolved soon.
Also, doing this even after the bug is resolved, will not delete your data from the app’s servers. The user data from the servers are automatically deleted after 30 days.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.