On Wednesday, Motorola launched its new smartphone, ‘Motorola Edge+ (also said as Motorola Edge Plus)‘. The smartphone is part of ‘Motorola Edge series’. The key specifications of the smartphone include a Curved AMOLED display, Quad Rear Cameras, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, Snapdragon 865 SoC and 5000mAh Battery.
Motorola has been working to make the nearly 90-degree curve a bit practical. Users can swipe the edge up or down to check updates, or turn apps quickly. The edge also shows the status for battery charging and alerts for incoming calls, messages and alarms. More notably, the curved portion of the edge displays at the top and bottom two adjustable buttons that can be used as triggers when playing in landscape mode.
The main highlights of this smartphone are 90Hz Curved AMOLED display and 108MP quad rear camera. Along with this smartphone, the company also launched the regular Motorola Edge.
Motorola Edge+: Price, Sale Date
- Motorola Edge+ price is $999 (approx. Rs. 76,400) for the sole 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Thunder Grey and Smokey Sangria colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase starting May 14 via Verizon and later in other countries.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
Motorola Edge+: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Motorola Edge+ sports a 6.7-inch Curved AMOLED Display with 90Hz refresh rate, 21:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 10 on the top of stock Android, the phone runs on 2.84GHz octa-core 7nm Snapdragon 865 processor with Adreno 650 GPU. It comes with 12GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a quad rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 108MP Samsung sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 16MP 117-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, the third camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the fourth camera includes a ToF sensor.
On the front, there is a 25MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture. The phone has a LED flash and laser autofocus on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 256GB UFS 3.0 internal storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, NFC, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, barometer and in-display fingerprint sensor. Motorola Edge+ battery capacity is 5000mAh with support of 18W TurboPower fast charging,15W wireless fast charging and 5W wireless reverse charging.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- Full-HD+ Punch-Hole Curved AMOLED display with HDR10+ support and 90Hz refresh rate.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include OIS stabilization, 0.8μm pixel size, 6K video at 30 fps and 4K video at 60 fps.
- Audio features include USB Type-C audio, Waves-tuned dual stereo speakers, Waves MaxxAudio Mobile suite.
- IP54 certified.
- 3x hybrid zoom and upto 30x digital zoom via 8MP telephoto camera sensor.
- Wireless reverse charging to charge other devices.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.