On Wednesday, Xiaomi launched its new smartphone, ‘Mi 9T’ at an event held in Madrid, Spain. The smartphone is the successor of Mi 9 which was launched back in February this year. It is just a rebranded version of Redmi K20 which was unveiled globally last month. This means the company will sell this same smartphone with different name in different regions. In the European market, it will sell as Mi 9T, in the Chinese market, it will sell as Redmi K20 and maybe in India, it can come as Poco F2.
To recall, the company also launched Redmi K20 Pro alongside regular Redmi K20 last month. So, we can expect Mi 9T Pro to launch in the coming months.
Redmi K20 and Mi 9T are identical to each other whether, in term of specification or design, there is no difference between these two smartphones except the name.
The main highlights of the smartphone are AMOLED HDR Display, Triple Rear Camera, Pop-up Selfie Camera, Snapdragon 730 SoC, 4000mAh Battery and 18W fast charging.
Along with the smartphone, the company also launched the Mi Smart Band 4, Mi Electric Scooter Pro and Mi True Wireless Earphones. Mi Smart Band 4 is just another rebranded version of Mi Band 4, both are identical in specifications and design.
Mi 9T, Mi Smart Band 4, Mi Electric Scooter Pro, Mi True Wireless Earphones: Price, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Mi 9T price is EUR 329 (roughly Rs. 25,900) for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant and EUR 369 (roughly Rs. 29,000) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Carbon Black, Glacier Blue and Flame Red colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Amazon and Mi.com/es starting June 17 in Spain.
- The Flame Red and 6GB/128GB variant will be available later (exact sale date is not revealed).
- Launch offers include 6GB/64GB variant will be sold at EUR 299 (roughly Rs. 23,500) for first 24 hours i.e June 17 to June 18 (if purchased via Amazon or Mi.com/es).
- Mi Smart Band 4 price is EUR 34.99 (roughly Rs. 2,700). It will be available via Mi.com and Mi Stores starting June month end.
- Mi Electric Scooter Pro price is EUR 499 (roughly Rs. 39,300). It will be available via Mi Stores and MediaMarkt starting June 13 (sale already started).
- Mi True Wireless Earphones price is EUR 79.99 (roughly Rs. 6,300). It will be available via Mi.com and Mi Stores starting June 13 (sale already started).
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
Mi 9T, Mi Smart Band 4, Mi Electric Scooter Pro, Mi True Wireless Earphones: Specifications and Features
Mi 9T sports a 6.39-inch AMOLED HDR Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 2.2GHz 8nm octa-core Snapdragon 730 processor with Adreno 618 GPU. It comes with 6GB LPDDR4X RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a triple camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX582 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, the second camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the third camera includes a 13MP 124.8-degree ultra wide-angle sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, there is a pop-up camera which is a 20MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has Dual LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, magnetometer and in-display fingerprint sensor. Mi 9T battery capacity is 4000mAh with the support of 18W fast charging. The handset measures 156.7×74.3×8.8mm and weighs 191 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ AMOLED HDR display with 91.1 percent screen-to-body ratio, 2.1mm narrow bezels, 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit brightness and hardware DC dimming support.
- It has a 3D curved design.
- It has a flame pattern on Flame Red and Glacier Blue colour options.
- It has 8 layers of graphite 3D sheet for better heat dissipation.
- Game Turbo 2.0 for a better gaming experience.
- The pop-up camera comes with a sapphire lens cover that can rise in 0.8 seconds and its pop-up rising mechanism has been tested 300,000 times.
- It has a seventh-gen In-Display Fingerprint Sensor with a 3P lens which is equivalent to the 7.2-micrometre macro camera. The fingerprint area is increased by 15 percent.
- Camera features include AI scene detection, 960fps slow-motion video recording and more.
- Audio features include Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip.
Mi Smart Band 4:
Mi Smart Band 4 sports a 0.95-inch colour AMOLED Display with 2.5D glass protection and 120×240 pixels resolution. It has support for touch inputs. It comes with a built-in microphone to enable voice commands. With the help of voice commands users can control compatible connected devices. However, Voice assistant is only supported in NFC edition of the fitness band.
It shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and much more. There is a 6-axis high precision sensor with a tri-axis accelerometer and a tri-axis gyro. The sensor helps in monitoring physical activities which includes cycling, exercise, running, swimming and walking in real time. It also helps in tracking sleep.
The band is 5 ATM water resistant and is designed to identify various swimming strokes like freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly and mixed-style. It also offers swolf score to help users determine their swimming skills.
The smart wrist band comes with payment mode in which users need to swipe the screen to show to QR code on their band to make payments on-the-go. Mi Smart Band 4 battery capacity is 135mAh with up to 20 days of battery life (125mAh and up to 15 days of battery life on NFC Edition). The band weighs 22.1 grams and the NFC Edition weighs 22.2 grams.
The fitness band pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The band sports a 24-bit colour AMOLED touch screen display with 400 nits of brightness. It is 39.9 percent bigger display than the predecessor so that it can display more characters.
- 77 different watch faces.
- 5 ATM water resistant up to 50 metres.
- NFC support for Alipay in China.
- Xiao Voice Assistant in China.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG)/Heart rate sensor.
- Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor
- Sedentary reminder.
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE.
Mi Electric Scooter Pro:
According to Xiaomi, Mi Electric Scooter Pro can go up to 45KM range in a single charge with a top speed of 25KM per hour. It has a display which monitors ride details.
As per the company, it is easy to carry and store because of its portable folding design. It features intuitive controls, double-braking system and battery safety features.
Mi True Wireless Earphones:
Mi True Wireless Earphones looks like Apple AirPods. As per the company, it can offer up to 10 hours of music playback in a single charge. It can be paired with any smartphones with a stable connection.
When one of the earphones is removed from the ear while listening to music, it automatically detects and stops playing music. Both earphones can work independently also.
It has intuitive touch controls which let you tap or double-tap for play/pause music, answer calls or activate voice assistants.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.