On Wednesday, Samsung launched its new smartphone, ‘Galaxy A70’ in India. The smartphone was first launched globally last month. The smartphone is a part of the new ‘Galaxy-A series’. The new Galaxy A series includes Galaxy A10, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30 and Galaxy A50 which are already launched in India. There is also Galaxy A40 and Galaxy A80 which are also expected to launch soon in India.
Galaxy A70 is the first Galaxy A series smartphone in India to use a Snapdragon processor. It is also the first smartphone in India with a 20:9 display aspect ratio.
The latest smartphone sports a Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display, Triple Camera Setup, Snapdragon 675 SoC, 4500 mAh Battery and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Super AMOLED Display, Snapdragon 675 SoC, USB Type-C and One UI.
Samsung Galaxy A70: Price in India, Sale Date and Offers
- Samsung Galaxy A70 price in India is Rs. 28,990 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Black, Blue and White colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Samsung e-Store, Samsung Opera House, leading e-commerce portals and retail stores starting May 1.
- Pre-booking starts from April 20 till April 30.
- Pre-booking offers include Samsung U Flex Bluetooth headset at Rs. 999 which is worth Rs. 3,799.
Samsung Galaxy A70: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Galaxy A70 sports a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Display with 20:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of One UI, the phone runs on 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 675 processor with Adreno 612 GPU. It comes with 6GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 32MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture, the second camera includes an 8MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes a 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB internal storage with the support of microSD upto 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, GLONASS and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Galaxy A70 battery capacity is 4,500mAh with the support of 25W Super fast charging. The handset measures 164.3×76.7×7.9mm and weighs 183 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U display.
- 3D Glasstic design at the back in which a prism effect will give visual flair.
- Samsung Pay wit NFC payments support.
- Samsung Knox support for device security.
- Samsung Pass which can be used to login into apps and sites by the fingerprint sensor.
- Samsung Health and Bixby support.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- Face unlock feature.
- NFC support for payments via Samsung Pay.
- Camera features include Night mode, AR Emoji and Selfie Focus.
- Scene Optimiser camera feature which analyses the scenes across 20 modes and enhances the photos by adjusting the colour, contrast and brightness
- FM radio support.
- Widevine L1 certification.
The Samsung Galaxy A70 is a mid-range premium smartphone. It comes with an elegant design and a bezel-less display that compliments the overall look. The processor is strong enough to handle a number of functions as we have seen on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 29K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Poco F1, Vivo V15 Pro, LG G7 ThinQ, Asus Zenfone 5Z and Nokia 8.1. So, the competition in this price range is comparatively low.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering a feature like Super AMOLED Display panel, In-display fingerprint sensor, bigger battery, Samsung brand value, 25W fast charging, Triple cameras, etc.
Overall, We recommend Samsung Galaxy A70 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Poco F1 (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.