We all know Samsung is know for making great displays, it uses Infinity Display for its smartphone which was first seen on Samsung Galaxy S8 and since then the company never disappointed consumers. Be it Samsung smartphone or any other manufacturer smartphone, Samsung displays are mostly used by multiple manufacturers, even the latest iPhone XS and XS Max uses Samsung displays. Don’t be surprised, both of these iPhones uses Samsung OLED tech. Last year, iPhone XS Max got the best smartphone display by DisplayMate.
Every Year, Samsung releases two of its own flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S Lineup and Galaxy Note Lineup. Samsung Galaxy S10 Lineup launched last month with Dynamic AMOLED display for the first time. DisplayMate reviewed Samsung Galaxy S10 and declared that Galaxy S10 has the best smartphone display in the world right now.
DisplayMate passed Galaxy S10 with typical tests and concluded:
What is particularly significant and impressive is that Samsung has been systematically improving OLED display performance with every Galaxy generation since 2010 when we started tracking OLED displays. The first notable OLED Smartphone, the Google Nexus One, came in decidedly last place in our 2010 Smartphone Display Shoot-Out. As a result of the improvements with each new generation, mobile OLED display technology now has a commanding first place lead and continues pushing ahead aggressively. The Galaxy S10 continues the impressive improvements in mobile OLED displays and technology. As a result, OLEDs have developed into excellent Smartphone displays that now significantly outperform the best LCD Smartphones. DisplayMate
The display on Galaxy S10 is better than Galaxy S9 or Galaxy Note 9, even it improved to offer better OLED panels. It set some records which are listed below:
- Record Very High Absolute Color Accuracy: The Galaxy S10 is the Most Color Accurate Display that we have ever measured. It is Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect, and almost certainly considerably better than your existing Smartphone, living room HDTV, Tablet, Laptop, and computer monitor.
- Record Very High Image Contrast Accuracy and Intensity Scale Accuracy: The Intensity Scale on Galaxy S10 is a close to perfect match of the Intensity Scale Standard, which is essential for High Absolute Color Accuracy.
- Record Peak Luminance: The Peak Brightness (Luminance) of the display does not change with the Average Picture Level APL of the on-screen image because High Color Accuracy is impossible when that occurs. It is independent of the on-screen Image content. On the Galaxy S10, Luminance variation is down to just 2 percent, compared with Galaxy S8 28 percent, which is impressive. It is actually done to improve the Absolute Color Accuracy and Absolute Contrast Accuracy of the display.
- Record Color Accuracy and Intensity Scales: The Absolute Color Accuracy and Intensity Scale of the display should not change as the on-screen image content changes.
- Record High Brightness Mode: Record-Setting Brightness for OLED displays with 100% Average Picture Level APL images. Up to 17% Brighter (1,215 nits) than the Galaxy S9 in High Ambient Light.
- Record DisplayMate’s highest ever A+ grade: As per DisplayMate, the Galaxy S10 is the most innovative and high-performance Smartphone display that they have ever Lab tested, breaking and establishing many new Display Performance Records.
These are records set by Galaxy S10 display. It will be interesting to see how long the Galaxy S10 holds this record of the best smartphone display as the company also launched Galaxy Fold along with S10 Lineup. Galaxy Fold comes with Foldable display which is also made by the company itself. But for that, we have to wait until it comes in the market.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.