On Thursday, Honor launched its new smartphone, ‘Honor Magic 2 3D’ at an event held in China. As promised by the company during the launch of regular Magic 2 last year in October, that they will release a 3D variant of Magic 2.
The main highlights of the smartphones are a 3D structured light scanner, in-display fingerprint sensor, triple rear camera setup, 7nm HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC, 40W Magic Charge Fast Charging Technology, front camera slider and Yoyo AI-based virtual assistant.
The smartphone comes with a 3D camera set up on the front along with a 16MP sensor and 2MP depth sensor — The 3D scanner will even work in dark and tracks 10,000 recognition points.
Honor Magic 2 3D Price, Sale Date
- Honor Magic 2 3D price starts at CNY 5,799 (roughly Rs. 60,500) for the 8GB RAM/512GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase starting today i.e March 8 in China. The smartphone will come in Gradient Black, Gradient Red and Gradient Blue colours.
- Availability, pricing for India and other markets is yet to be announced.
Honor Magic 2 3D Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Honor Magic 2 3D sports a 6.39-inch AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of EMUI 9.0, the phone runs on 2.6GHz HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor with Mali G76 MP10 GPU. It comes with 8GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 16MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 24MP monochrome sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the third camera includes a 16MP super wide-angle lens sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a triple camera setup as well, the first camera includes a 16MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture, the second includes a 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the third camera includes a 3D structured light camera. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 512GB internal storage without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, electronic compass, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Honor Magic 2 3D battery capacity is 3,500mAh with the support of 40W SuperCharge fast charging. The handset measures 157.32×75.13×8.3mm and weighs 206 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a full-HD+ AMOLED display with 91 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- It offers better security to the face unlock to lock apps like AliPay.
- It features graphene heat dissipation which is basically graphene-based heat pipe used for better performance under continuous load.
- Camera features include AIS, AI intelligent stabilization.
- In-Display Fingerprint sensor.
- 3D Face Unlock.
- IP-X2 water protection.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.