- LG V40 ThinQ comes with QHD+ Display
- It features five cameras setup
- It is priced in India at Rs. 49,990
On Saturday, LG launched its new smartphone, ‘LG V40 ThinQ’ in India. The global variant of this smartphone has launched in October 2018.
The latest smartphone sports an OLED Display, Five Cameras Setup, Snapdragon 845 SoC and much more. This is the first smartphone from the company with five cameras — three cameras on the back and two cameras on the front. It is also IP68 dust and water resistant.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are QHD+ Display, Five Cameras Setup, IP68 Water Resistant and Wireless charging.
LG V40 ThinQ: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- LG V40 ThinQ price in India is Rs. 49,990 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be exclusively available for purchase via Amazon.in starting January 20. The smartphone will come in New Moroccan Blue and New Platinum Gray colours.
- For Amazon Prime members, the smartphone will be available for purchase starting January 19 (Today).
- Launch offer includes 10 percent instant discount on HDFC debit and credit cards, Rs. 1,000 additional cashback for Amazon Prime members, one-time free screen replacement valid for six months from purchase date, and extra Rs. 5000 exchange discount.
LG V40 ThinQ: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, LG V40 ThinQ sports a 6.4-inch FullVision OLED Notch Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and QHD+ (1440×3120 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 8.1 Oreo (upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie) on the top of LG UX, the phone runs on Snapdragon 845 processor with Adreno 630 GPU. It comes with 6GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (Nano+Nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, the second camera includes a 16MP super wide sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 107° lens and the third camera includes a 12MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens.
On the front, there is a dual camera setup, the first camera includes an 8MP sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 80° lens and the second camera includes a 5MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 90° wide-angle lens. The phone has Dual LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with UFS 2.1 128GB internal storage and microSD card support upto 2TB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5 LE, GPS, NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. LG V40 ThinQ battery capacity is 3,300mAh with the support of Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and wireless charging. The handset measures 158.7×75.8×7.7mm and weighs 169 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a military-grade build with MIL-STD-810 certification.
- It is IP68-certified dust and water resistant.
- It comes with LG’s proprietary Boombox speaker along with a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad-DAC audio and DTS:X 3D surround sound experience. (same setup was used on LG G7 ThinQ which was awarded Best Multimedia Smartphone on PFD Tech Awards 2018).
- It comes Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Triple Preview Camera feature is designed to capture three simultaneous shots from the triple rear camera setup and pick the best among them.
- Triple Shot Camera feature stitches together the images captured with each of the three lenses into a short video file for easy sharing
- Other Camera features include Dual PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) for automatic focusing that is 50% faster, advanced HDR feature analyzes and determines the right exposure settings to create perfectly lit shots, AI Auto White Balance (AI AWB), AI Shutter selects the right shutter speed, especially useful when trying to capture fast-moving subjects, Cine Shot, 3D Light Effect, Makeup Pro, Custom Backdrop, My Avatar and AR Emoji.
- It uses Silky Blast process that etches the tempered glass back with microscopic pits to create a smoother matte finish so it is not slippery when holding and is also resistant to fingerprints and stains.
The LG V40 ThinQ is a premium smartphone for premium smartphone users. The device is loaded with features. The cameras on the device looks perfect for any photographic session in any condition. The device flaunts a dual front camera which is rare even in premium smartphones. The display looks stunning with the given aspect ratio and it also comes with the protection of Corning Gorilla 5. The configuration can give a tough competition.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 50K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Samsung Galaxy S9+, Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Apple iPhone 8 and OnePlus 6T (8GB RAM). So, the competition in this price range is decent with some really good flagship smartphone.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering the Snapdragon 845 SoC, Five Cameras Camera and other similar specifications. On the other hand, LG V40 ThinQ is offering tons of others features (listed above).
Overall, We recommend LG V40 ThinQ to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Samsung Galaxy S9+.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy LG V40 ThinQ from below:[content-egg-block template=offers_logo]
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.