- Nokia 7.1 comes with HDR10 Support Display
- It features Snapdragon 636 SoC, 4GB RAM
- It is priced in India at Rs.19,999
On Friday, Nokia launched its new smartphone, ‘Nokia 7.1’ in India. The successor of Nokia 7 was launched last month in London.
The latest smartphone sports a full-HD+ Notch Display, Zeiss Optics Cameras, Snapdragon 636 SoC and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are PureDisplay, Android One Program and HDR10 support.
Nokia 7.1: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Nokia 7.1 price in India starts at Rs. 19,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via top mobile retailers in India and Nokia online store starting December 7. The smartphone will come in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colours.
- Launch offer includes telecom offer from Airtel which provides 1TB 4G Data valid on Rs. 199 prepaid plan, Airtel Postpaid subscribers will get additional 120GB 4G Data along with 3-months Netflix-subscription and 1-year Amazon Prime Membership valid on Rs. 499 or above postpaid plan, 10 percent cashback on HDFC credit & debit cards via eligible offline stores.
Nokia 7.1: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Nokia 7.1 sports a 5.84-inch PureDisplay with 19:9 aspect ratio and full-HD+ (1080×2244 pixels) resolution. It has 80 percent screen-to-body ratio, HDR10 support along with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Based on Android 8.1 Oreo (upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie) on the top of Android One program, the phone runs on the 1.8GHz Snapdragon 636 processor with Adreno 509 GPU. It comes with 4GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid dual-SIM (Nano+Nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 13MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture. The phone supports EIS. On the front, there is an 8MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB of internal storage and the microSD card support up to 400GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, electronic compass and rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The Nokia 7.1 battery capacity is 3,060mAh with the support of 18W fast charging. The handset is listed in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colours, measures 149.7×71.19×7.99mm and weighs 159 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone is built out of 6000 series aluminium CNC machined frame and a die-cast metal centre
- Real-time SDR to HDR conversion using a 16-bit engine, letting users experience “HDR quality entertainment, even when the content is not.”
- With HDR10 support; 1 million: 1 dynamic contrast ratio; 500-million pixels processed per second providing smooth and accurate HDR video.
- The PureDdisplay adapts to indoor and bright outdoor sunlight.
- Camera feature includes two-phase detection and Zeiss optics.
- Front Camera feature 84-degree field-of-view.
- It has FM Radio along with Nokia OZO audio support.
The Nokia 7.1 is an elegantly designed device with decent specifications. But there are many flaws considering the price point of the smartphone.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 20K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Poco F1, Honor Play and Galaxy A7. So, the competition in this price range is limited and still, Nokia failed to deliver.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is just offering Snapdragon 636 whereas others are offering flagship processor Snapdragon 845 (Poco F1) or Kirin 970 (Honor Play). The exception is Samsung Exynos 7885 processor on Galaxy A7 which is equally or more powerful than Snapdragon 636 or 660, rest it is offering many other features. Also, Nokia 7.1 has low battery capacity.
Overall, We don’t recommend Nokia 7.1 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Poco F1 (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy Nokia 7.1 from below: