- Honor Magic 2 launched with 3D Face Unlock
- The smartphone sports upto 8GB of RAM
- It will go on sale on November 6
On Wednesday, Honor launched Honor Magic 2 at an event held in Beijing. The smartphone is the successor of Honor Magic which was launched back in MWC 2017.
The main highlights of the smartphones are in-display fingerprint sensor, triple rear camera setup, 7nm HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC, 40W Magic Charge Fast Charging Technology, 3D Face Unlock, front camera slider and Yoyo AI-based virtual assistant. The smartphone comes with six camera setup — three rear cameras and three front cameras.
Honor will also introduce new ‘3D Photosensitive Edition’ of Honor Magic 2 with 3D Biosensing Technology for better security and graphene heat dissipation with 8GB RAM and 512GB storage for CNY 5,799 yuan(roughly Rs. 61,520) in December 2018.
Honor Magic 2 Price, Sale Date
- Honor Magic 2 price starts at CNY 3,799 (roughly Rs. 40,300) for the 6GB RAM/ 128GB internal storage, CNY 4,299 (roughly Rs. 45,600) for the 8GB RAM/ 128GB internal storage variant, and CNY 4,799 (roughly Rs. 50,100) for the 8GB RAM/ 256GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase starting November 6 in China via company’s V-MALL e-commerce site. Pre-order starts November 1 midnight. The smartphone will come in Gradient Black, Gradient Red and Gradient Blue colours.
- Availability, pricing for India and other markets is yet to be announced.
Honor Magic 2 Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Honor Magic 2 sports a 6.39-inch AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. The smartphone has 91 percent screen-to-body ratio. Based on Magic UI 2.0 (EMUI 9.0 on first few models) on the top of Android 9.0 Pie, the phone runs on 2.6GHz HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor with Mali G76MP10 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM options.
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, first 16MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, second 24MP monochrome sensor with f/1.8 aperture and third 16MP super wide-angle lens sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The rear camera comes with camera features like AIS image stabilization and AI intelligent stabilization.
On the front, there is a triple camera setup as well, first 16MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture, second 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture and third 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture. The combo 2MP+2MP camera are for 3D Face Unlock. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/ 256GB internal storage. The smartphone doesn’t have expandable storage and doesn’t have 3.5mm headphone jack. It has dual-SIM support and IPX2 water protection.
Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, electronic compass, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. The Honor Magic 2 battery capacity is 3,500mAh with the support of 40W Magic Charge fast charging. The handset is listed in Gradient Black, Gradient Red and Gradient Blue colours, measures 157.32×75.13×8.3mm and weighs 206 grams.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.