- OnePlus 6T price in India starts Rs. 37,999
- The base variant comes with 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage
- The company ditched the 3.5mm headphone jack
On Tuesday, OnePlus launched OnePlus 6T at an event held in New Delhi, India. This India launch happened just after one day of New York’s Launch Event. The smartphone is just an upgrade of the company’s own Flagship OnePlus 6 which was launched 5 months ago.
The major upgrades on OnePlus 6T, when compared with OnePlus 6, are an in-display fingerprint sensor, a teardrop notch, a larger battery, a larger display, Android Pie 9.0 out-of-the-box, improved low-light photography, and smart-boost optimization. The base variant of 6T starts with 128GB onboard storage, so no 64GB variant this time.
We feel there is two downgrade on 6T over 6, first is the removal of headphone jack but they did include 3.5mm to Headphone Jack adapter in the box (some companies don’t even include that) and second is removal of Physical LED Notification Light but company did include ‘lift-up-display’ feature to read notification from lock screen.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are In-Display Fingerprint Sensor, Teardrop (or waterdrop style) Notch and Nightscape camera mode.
OnePlus 6T Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- OnePlus 6T price in India starts at Rs. 37,999 for the 6GB RAM/ 128GB internal storage Mirror Black variant, Rs. 41,999 for the 8GB RAM/ 128GB internal storage Mirror Black & Midnight Black variant, and Rs. 45,999 for the 8GB RAM/ 256GB internal storage Midnight Black variant.
- The smartphone will be exclusively available for purchase via Amazon, OnePlus Stores and Reliance Digital outlets starting November 1. The smartphone will come in Midnight Black and Mirror Black colours.
- Launch offers include cashback of Rs. 5,400 from Jio, Rs. 2,000 Instant discount to ICICI credit and debit and Citi bank credit card holders, Rs. 1,000 cashback if purchased via Amazon Pay, free damage protection, and no-cost EMI options.
OnePlus 6T Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, OnePlus 6T sports a 6.41-inch Teardrop Notch AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) resolution. The smartphone has 86 percent screen-to-body ratio along with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Protection. Based on OxygenOS on the top of Android 9.0 Pie, the phone runs on 2.8GHz Snapdragon 845 processor with Adreno 630 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM options.
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the primary 16MP Sony IMX519 sensor with f/1.7 aperture and secondary 20MP Sony IMX376K sensor with f/1.7 aperture. EIS and OIS are available and it can shoot 4K videos at 60fps, Super Slow Motion videos at 240fps (1080p), 480fps (720p). The rear camera comes with camera features like AI Scene Detection, Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, Nightscape, Panorama, Time-Lapse, HDR, HQ, Studio Lighting, RAW Image.
On the front, there is a single camera setup, the 16MP Sony IMX371 sensor with f/2.0 aperture. EIS is available and it can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. The front camera comes with camera features like Face Unlock, Portrait Mode, HDR, Screen Flash, Studio Lighting, Smile Capture, Face Retouching. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/ 256GB UFS 2.1 internal storage. The smartphone doesn’t have expandable storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 with aptX, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C and more. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, electronic compass, RGB ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. The OnePlus 6T battery capacity is 3,700mAh with the support of 20W fast charging. The handset is listed in Midnight Black and Mirror Black colours, measures 157.5×74.8×8.2mm and weighs 185 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- Premium glass-finish back.
- Teardrop (waterdrop style) Display Notch on the front.
- Thin bezels on all sides (including bottom chin) with 86 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- Camera features like Slow-motion at 480fps and Nightscape mode for better low-light photography.
- Smart-boost optimization.
- In-display fingerprint sensor is claimed to unlock the smartphone in 0.34 seconds and work with the OnePlus screen protector (pre-applied).
- Face Unlock feature said to unlock the smartphone in 0.4 seconds
- Smart Boot feature that is said to improve app cold-start speeds by 5 to 20 percent by caching frequently used apps – it currently will only work with gaming apps, with additional compatibility planned for the future.
- Gaming Mode in OxygenOS.
- Activate Google Assistant by long pressing the power button (Arriving soon).
- Lift-up Display feature to read notifications from lock screen.
- Dirac HD Sound and Dirac Power Sound support.
- 20W Fast Charging said to deliver full-day battery in 30 minutes of charge.
The OnePlus 6T, being a successor of the company’s OnePlus 6, is an amazing smartphone in almost every department. The configuration, amazing set of camera and the superfine display reveal its feature courage. The battery is increased and is decent enough to provide a backup though out the day.
As of now, there are only two cons — no headphone jack and no physical LED Notification light.
Overall, Considering the price and overall aspects of the smartphone, we will recommend this smartphone to users who are planning to buy a premium smartphone with a budget around 40K. If you own OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 5T or any other smartphone with high-end specs then skip 6T.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy OnePlus 6T from below: