- Oppo F9 Pro and Oppo F9 differ only in RAM
- The F9 Pro has 6GB of RAM, while F9 has 4GB of RAM
- Both will go on sale from August 31
Oppo F9 and Oppo F9 Pro were launched in India on Tuesday, at an event in Mumbai. To recall, the Oppo F9 was first launched in Vietnam last week. Both smartphones are identical, except for the amount of RAM – the F9 has 4GB of RAM, while the F9 Pro has 6GB of RAM.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The biggest highlight is their 25-megapixel front camera with HDR capabilities, apart from a dual rear camera setup. Another major highlight is the waterdrop display notch, which is V-shaped and different in design from most other display notches seen in the market today – usually mimicking the iPhone X. Oppo is also touting native Google Lens support in the smartphone’s camera app, apart from AI Beauty Technology 2.1 for beautification, and face unlock.
Oppo F9, Oppo F9 Pro Price in India, Sale Date, and Launch Offers
- The Oppo F9 price in India is set at Rs. 19,990, while the Oppo F9 Pro price in India is Rs. 23,990. Both smartphones bear 64GB of inbuilt storage and come in Starry Purple, Sunrise Red, and Twilight Blue colour variants.
- The Oppo F9 Pro will be available from Flipkart, Amazon India, and Paym Mall, as well as select offline stores from August 31. Pre-orders already started exclusively on Flipkart.
- Pre-order offers include data bundles from Reliance Jio (up to 3.2TB 4G data, and benefits up to Rs. 4,900 from Jio and MakeMyTrip), a free one-time screen replacement, as well as 5 percent instant cashback on SBI credit and debit cards. Exchange offers and no-cost EMIs are also listed. The Oppo F9 will be made available soon in India, the company added.
Oppo F9, Oppo F9 Pro Specifications and Features
The dual-SIM (Nano) Oppo F9 Pro and Oppo F9 run ColorOS 5.2, based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The smartphones sport a 6.3-inch full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 SoC, coupled with 4GB or 6GB of RAM, depending on the variant purchased. It features a dual rear camera setup, with a 16-megapixel primary sensor bearing a f/1.8 aperture, and a 2-megapixel sensor bearing a f/2.4 aperture. The company is touting slow motion video recording with 120fps up to 720p. On the front, it comes with a 25-megapixel camera that has a f/2.0 aperture and HDR capabilities.
The Oppo F9 Pro bears 64GB of inbuilt storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB) with its own dedicated slot. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE (on both SIM card slots), Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB with OTG functionality, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors on board include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, and a proximity sensor. It measures 156.7x74x7.99mm and weighs 169 grams. It is powered by a 3,500mAh battery that features the company’s VOOC fast charging tech.
The Oppo F9 and Oppo F9 Pro are yet another feature-packed releases with well thought out specifications. From the large FHD+ screen that delivers great visual to the cameras delivering aesthetic photos. The storage is decent and large expandability option is always welcome. Lastly, the moderately sized battery should keep you going through most of the day, and the included VOOC quick charger means you won’t have to wait long to get this device charged.
Overall, for the price, Oppo is offering a lot like a good design with awesome waterdrop notch, great cameras, good battery but it seems lacking only in one department that is its processor which is brain of smartphone. According to us, MediaTek Helio P60 at Rs.20,000 is not a good deal. MediaTek Helio P60 is available with Realme 1 which is half of the price of Oppo F9.
At this price point, Honor Play offers a great deal.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.