As the situation of floods in Kerala worsens, many individuals and organizations have come forward to extend relief in their own congenial and harmonious ways. To help the people of Kerala stand strong against one of the most devastating floods in Indian history, service sector companies are also contributing their bit.
Millions of Kerala residents are stranded due to the heavy 2088 mm rainfall since June, an increase of 30 percent over the expected rainfall. Besides the tenacious efforts of the security and armed forces, companies including Amazon India and Paytm are accepting donations for the relief activities in order to help the ones stranded and displaced from their homes.
The floods in Kerala are estimated to have damaged crops and properties worth over Rs 8,000 crore even as a fresh red alert was sounded in 13 of the 14 districts in the state. All nine flood-monitoring stations of the Central Water Commission have notified ‘extreme flood situation’.
NGOs have joined 52 teams of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and NDRF in relief and rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala but it became evident on Thursday that the scale of the disaster was greater than the current efforts to cope with it.
CM Pinarayi Vijayan spoke to PM Modi and other central leaders again on Thursday to request more help. After a meeting of the national crisis management committee (NCMC) earlier in the day, the Centre decided to send 35 more NDRF teams, comprising nearly 1,000 personnel.
You can contribute to the relief and rehabilitation by choosing any of the following options:
Donate via PayTM: https://1fd.in/2nHDXQO
Donate via Amazon: https://1fd.in/2vT7kEk
Donate to Kerala Flood Relief Fund: https://1fd.in/2nLRpU0
Donate through Kerala Govt Portal: https://1fd.in/2nKjZFa
Bank: State Bank of India (SBI)
Branch: City Branch, Thiruvananthapuram
Account Type: Savings
SWIFT CODE: SBININBBT08
Name of Donee:
Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund
Address: Govt of Kerala
The Principal Secretary (Finance) Treasurer,
Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
Google Person Finder Tool – https://1fd.in/2MtAjIl
List of trains cancelled due to floods in Kerala: https://1fd.in/2MkIo2T
Kerala Floods Updates- 167 Dead!! PM Modi To Review Relief Ops:
- An alert has been issued in four districts of Kerala, where more than 100 people died in the last 48 hours in the worst monsoon of the century. Overall, 167 people lost their lives since torrential rains started on August 8, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has said.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit the state this evening to conduct an aerial survey. The military has pushed in more boats and aircraft to rescue marooned people from vast swathes of the state that have been completely cut off due to floods.
- Almost all parts of Thrissur and Chalakudy towns are under water. Fifty police personnel are marooned in Chalakudy bridge. Seven people are missing after a building collapsed — at least 70 people had taken shelter in it. Water has started entering relief camps.
- Twelve fresh teams of the National Disaster Response Force have been rushed by the Centre, news agency Press Trust of India reported. Altogether, 35 teams are expected to reach the state by evening. The Coast Guard has stationed three ships at Kochi.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has issued a stern warning to those spreading fake news about floods in the state using social media. The warning came after Idukki District Collector Jeevan Babu said fake news was being spread on social media about the safety of Mullaperiyar dam.
- Popular tourist destinations like Munnar and Ponmudi are almost cut-off because of bad roads due to landslides. Except for official vehicles, no other vehicles are allowed to enter Munnar. People have also been asked not to visit the Sabarimala hill shrine as the water level in the rain-fed Pampa river is high.
- PM Modi announces ₹500-cr interim relief, UAE to form emergency aid committee
- Rescued by Navy, Woman Gives Birth to Son
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.