- Jio Summer Surprise offer starts ending for users in early July
- For Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan users, the offer expires late July-early August
- Users will have to buy monthly recharges unless Jio launches new offer
Reliance Jio users enjoyed free services for six months after the company launched operations in September, and paid nominal charges even in the subsequent three months courtesy the Jio Summer Surprise and Jio Dhana Dhan offer. However, the period of complimentary Jio services will start ending for many customers as the Summer Surprise offer comes to an end for early adopters, and the same will happen to many Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan users later this month. With the operator not announcing any new promotional offer so far, many Jio users are wondering what will happen next. In this piece, we detail how the deadline impacts users who availed the two offers, and what they should do in coming days.
Reliance Jio Summer Surprise Offer
The Jio Summer Surprise offer provides you with 90-days of service for free, and the Rs. 303/ Rs. 499. Once the 90-day period is over, the Rs. 303/ Rs. 499 recharge kicks in, meaning you will get another 28 days of service without paying anything. Once the 28-day validity of the recharge ends, you need to buy another recharge of Rs. 309 or higher value every 28 days to continue the Jio services.
If you are among the early adopters of the Jio Prime subscription plan, and enrolled for the service and purchased a recharge of Rs. 149 or lesser value before buying the Rs. 303 (or higher value) recharge in order to get the Jio Summer Surprise offer, the lower value recharge would kick in after the Rs. 303 plan expires. Let’s say you purchased the Rs. 99 Jio Prime subscription and the Rs. 149 recharge at first, and the Rs. 303 recharge after that. In this scenario, if your free services end on June 30, the Rs. 303 recharge would remain active till July 28, and from July 29 the Rs. 149 recharge would kick in automatically. Once this ends, you can start with the Rs. 309 recharges every month.
Reliance Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer
Reliance Jio users who signed up for the Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer get 90 days of services for the Rs. 309/ Rs. 509 recharge they purchased after joining Jio Prime. So, unlike Jio Summer Surprise, there’s no free service, and you get Jio services for three recharge cycles at the price of one. What this means is, if your complimentary services end on July 15, you will have to purchase the recharge on July 16.
Interestingly, the option to avail the Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan offer for 90 days is still open to those who have not signed up for the Prime service, even though the operator promised in April to end the enrolment “when operationally feasible.”
If you are unsure regarding when your Jio free services end and your plan and balance, you can check all three via the MyJio app and the Jio.com website. Follow the steps below to learn how:
Check Reliance Jio plan, validity, and balance via MyJio app
- Open the MyJio app and login using via password or SIM verification.
- As soon as you open the app, you will find the balance on top. If you are still on Jio Summer Surprise or Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer and never did any other top up, your balance may show up as nil.
- To check your Jio plan and validity, open the menu by swiping towards the right from the left edge.
- Click on the My Plans option, and you will see when the validities of active plan and when your Jio Prime membership ends.
How to check Reliance Jio plan, validity, and balance via Jio website
- Open the Jio.com website, and click on the Sign In option on the top-right
- Here, you can log into your Jio account using a password or OTP
- Once you log in, you will see your Reliance Jio balance on top
- To check the Jio plan validity scroll down, and click on the My Plans option
- You will see at the bottom the date of expiry of the Jio plan
- In the My Statement option, you can generate a statement of all your data consumption, and any charges levied on it
The statement is generated as PDF file in a pop-up, so if pop-up windows are disabled on your browser, make sure to check on the extreme right of the Address Bar for the notification regarding the pop-up.