December 1, 2016 MUMBAI, India: Reliance Jio Chairman Mukhesh Ambani announced a new Happy New Year offer for customers on Thursday, extending the benefits of the original Welcome Offer which gives Reliance Jio customers unlimited voice calling, text messages and data for free. However the Reliance Jio Happy New Year plan will come with a Fair Usage Police or FUP which will cap data for Reliance Jio customers at around 1 GB per day. The Reliance Jio Happy New Year offer will be free for all customers till March 31, 2017.
Mukesh Ambani also announced the company was launching the home delivery of Reliance Jio SIM cards.
Here are the all the event updates on Reliance Jio announcements by Mukesh Ambani:
- In the first three months, Jio has grown faster than facebook, WhatsApp, Skype.
- It has crossed 50 million users.
- Jio now fastest growing tech firm.
- Jio is a data strong network built for internet from the ground up.
- On average Jio customers using 25 times more data than an average broadband customer.
- Jio customer today is consuming data on par with and more than sophisticated users anywhere.
- Launched welcome offer to iron out deficiencies. We received a lot of feedback and we have been listening. Working to implement them.
- Jio is better today than when we started.
- Thanks to the government of India we were able to fast track launch.
- Today, Jio has successfully rolled out eKYC (know your customer) across 2 lakh outlets in India.
- This is nearly equally to total number of ATMs in India. We are in the process of doubling this by March 2017.
- While customers have shown unprecedented love for Jio, we have not received the required support from existing operators.
- In the last 3 months, nearly 900 crore voice calls from Jio to the networks of our 3 largest competitors were blocked.
- Benefits of Jio’s superior technology have been denied to customers due to anti-competitive behaviour of incumbent operators.
- Through all this, Jio has been a tireless champion for Indian customers and their right to free voice services
- Over the past months, the call block rate has come down from over 90% to nearly 20% as of yesterday
- I want to reiterate that Jio is committed to ensuring that all domestic voice calls by Jio customers will be free forever
- I am happy to inform that Jio now fully supports mobile number portability and all customers can retain their existing number when they migrate to Jio
- We have recently introduced home delivery of Jio SIMs. Get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC
- This is being progressively launched across India through MyJio and will be available in top 100 cities by 31 December 2016
- Jio is not only delivering 4 times more data than all other Indian telecom operators combined but also much faster through puts than any other mobile network in India
- Starting 4 December 2016, every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications absolutely free, till 31 March 2017
- We are calling this the “Jio Happy New Year Offer”
- All existing Jio customers will get extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer till 31 March 2017 on current SIMs
- 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB of data daily. 1 GB per day is 30 times the average usage on other networks
- In Jio Happy New Year Offer, we have fine-tuned our fair usage policy to ensure all users get fair share of network capacity
- In this period Jio customers will also be able to test-drive digital recharge, billing experience, using JioMoney wallet
- Under Jio Happy New Year Offer, customers will get 30 times the average usage on other networks free till 31 March 2017
- I would like to congratulate Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s bold and historic decision to demonetize old currency
- By doing this, our PM Modi has given the strongest push to growth of digitally-enabled, optimal-cash economy in India
- Digitally-enabling transactions will boost economic growth, while bringing unprecedented transparency and accountability
- Today, thanks to solutions like JioMoney, every Indian has the ability to have a Digital ATM in their pocket
- One of the key drivers for adoption of Digital Money and the Cashless way of living is people’s ability to convert physical Cash into Digital Cash and vice-versa.
- To make this possible, JioMoney is expanding its reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed
- To enable low-value, high-volume transactions, merchants, especially small merchants, are important component of economy to fuel their transactions, Jio is working to empower Indian merchants by building a digital retail ecosystem which we are calling JioMoney Merchant Solutions
- This will enable digital transactions of all types, whether they be at mandis, small shops, restaurants,railway ticket counters, for Bus and mass transit and even for person-to-person money transfers
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.