Reliance Jio, 200k talking about this on Facebook, millions of tweets, lakhs of memes and much more. Just a word to say bombastic performance by Mukesh Ambani. Plans like this, which provide free voice calling and data packs at its minimum rate are going to rock the floor in India. But, many users who didn’t want to change their number and also want to avail Jio SIM with that number, may read this article and can get information about MNP(Mobile Number Portability).
If you remember, DoT in July last year made compulsory for all telecom companies to adopt the policy of MNP. So, through this policy Nationwide users of Airtel, idea, Vodafone etc can switch to Reliance Jio, without changing their number.
So, here are steps that you must follow to do MNP of your number:-
- First, you all you need is to send a text message to your SIM operator, that you are using. This message will be sent requesting operator to tell your port.
- What you will text is PORT to 1900.
- So, in a reply from the operator you will receive a Unique Porting Code from 1901, this may take at least 15 day duration from your current carrier.
- Now, go to any Reliance store, and fill up the Customer Application Form(CAF). There you will also be asked to fill the porting code that you have received.
- Now, submit your required documents for SIM proof, and in return you will be issued with a Reliance Jio SIM card. And when this SIM gets activated you have same Phone number you already were using, in your previous operator.
- And, as your Jio SIM gets activated, from then only your previous SIM will get deactivated.
Hence, these were the following steps to do MNP on your current number. Basically, Reliance Jio SIM could take up to 7 days to get activated. And you will be charged with a fee of Rs 19 for MNP. But, remember during Porting your number sometimes your number might be dead for 2 hours and this will probably be done in the time of 10 P.M. and 5 A.M. This will be done until, your Reliance Jio SIM gets activated. And when, you see that your Phone has started showing “No Service”, then you may put your Reliance Jio SIM in your Phone.
Now, your SIM is ported with your previous number. But, you must know that you can’t switch to your previous operator for at least 90 days. Because these are the guidelines being mentioned by the DoT, in its terms and conditions.
At, the launch of Jio Mukesh Ambani(AGM of Reliance) said that “All the operators must not limit the customers right to migrate Jio using MNP.” So, through the above steps you may switch to Jio without any trouble and experience the offer of unlimited calling and data facilities.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.