[/error]This detailed guide consists of 3 sections –
- How to unlock Yu Yutopia bootloader.
- How to flash TWRP recovery on Yu Yutopia.
- How to root Yu Yutopia by flashing SuperSU.
The files which are required for the process come from different resources and so we have compiled all of them to make a ‘Rooting Kit’. Please note that we do not take credits for any of the program in the rooting kit. Their respective developers are highly appreciated.
Before we go into the process, let do make some necessary settings on your Yutopia.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and go to About Phone.
- Scroll down and tap build number 7-10 times until you see a popup stating ”You are now a developer”.
- Press back and now a new section called ”Developer Options” will appear in settings. Tap on it and turn on the toggle at the top.
- Now scroll down and turn on OEM unlocking.
- Now scroll down and turn on USB Debugging.
- Now scroll down and turn off Update Cyanogen Recovery.
- Now make a backup of all your data as the next step will wipe all the data present in the Internal Memory (SD Card will not be wiped).
- Make sure you have 70-80% battery to prevent unexpected failures.
How To Unlock Yu Yutopia Bootloader –
1) Extract the Rooting Kit in a new folder in your C:/ drive.
2) Connect your phone to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
3) Now Open Developer Option in your Yutopia and turn on Advanced Reboot option.
4) Now Press and Hold Power button, select Reboot then select bootloader.
5) You will get a black screen stating ‘Fastboot Mode’ at the middle.
6) As soon as you plug your phone into the PC, windows will start installing drivers all by itself (Please wait for the installation to complete).
7) After the drivers have been installed successfully, go to the folder where you have extracted Rooting Kit files.
8) While pressing the Shift key on your keyboard, right click in the folder and select ‘Open Command Prompt Here’. The command prompt will open up.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
You should get something like this.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
Wait for the procedure to complete.
Congratulations! Your Yu Yutopia bootloader has been unlocked! But please do not close the Command Prompt as we will run some more commands to flash TWRP recovery. You can just minimize it.
How To Flash TWRP Recovery –
1) Make sure usb is connected and your phone is on Fastboot Mode.
2) Maximize the command prompt, and type the following command
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery recovery_twrp.img
Congratulations again! You have successfully flashed TWRP recovery on your Yu Yutopia. Now you can close the command prompt.
How To Root Yu Yutopia By Flashing SuperSU –
The process for which you came here for is the simplest one. Let’s root the Yutopia!
1) Copy the SuperSu file from the rooting kit to the root directory of your phone’s internal memory.
2) Power off your phone.
3) Now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
4) You will be in TWRP Recovery. Now tap on ‘Install’.
5) Confirm that you are navigating in the internal storage of your device. Navigate to the place where you copied the SuperSU file. You can use the back buttons and ‘Up a level’ button to navigate.
6) Tap on the file name SuperSU.zip.
7) Swipe to confirm flash. Now tap on reboot.
8) It will take around 10-15 minutes to reboot.
Great! Every Step is completed successfully! You have successfully rooted your Yu Yutopia!
Verify Root –
To verify that your Yu Yutopia is indeed rooted, download Root Checker from the Google Play Store for free.
From there, simply run the app, then tap Grant on the Superuser request popup. If everything went off without a hitch, Root Checker will give you a message that says Congratulations! This device has root access!
Thanks to an incredible development community, the Yu Yutopia is easy to root.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.