The update will be rolled out in phases over the coming two weeks, everyone will get notification for the same. There are host of enhanced features in this update and here is quick view of the top 5 features of 12.1:
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
- Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
- More Playback support: Substantially increased support of codecs for video and audio playback.
If YU Yureka or Yureka Plus owners are getting the update notifications, then select – “Yes, I’m in” option >> then, after downloading, select >> “Install now.” The phone will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version.
We like to remind our readers that the roll-out process is carried out in phases, so it will take some time, probably by this weekend to reach all corners of the country. Until then, users can also check manually on the smartphone by going to – ‘Settings’ >> ‘About phone’ >> ‘System update’ >> ‘Check Now’.
Yureka/Yureka Plus device owners, who are impatient to wait for the new update, can install the OTA software manually. The company has released firmware on the official forum to those tech savvy who know how to flash firmware directly on the phone.
[warning title=”Disclaimer:” icon=”exclamation-triangle”]This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of manual software installation of Android devices. If the installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the device getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. PaidFreeDroid cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if devices get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution or just wait for a day or two to install new software with very less effort via OTA[/warning] So, Below is how to manually install yureka/yureka plus to lollipop, follow the steps and enjoy the taste of latest lollipop:
Manually Install via Recovery (Both For Rooted And Non-Rooted Users)
Couldn’t wait for the OTA update to be pushed to your Yureka/Yureka Plus or don’t have a fast data connection? You can simply download the update zip file and flash it manually by heading to the recovery. This does not need root access and will not void your warranty either. Updating via recovery is generally as safe as the OTA updates, but it is still recommended that you backup your important data before proceeding.
- Download COS 12.1 (Lollipop) zip (named: cm-12.1-YOG4PAS3JM-tomato-signed.zip) from HERE (674MB).
- Copy or move it to the in Phone Internal Memory(Main Folder)
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode (Any Recovery Stock,CWM or TWRP) by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously.
- Wipe the data/factory reset and wipe cache partion and then select Apply Update > Choose from internal storage > 0/ > Select the COS 12.1 zip (cm-12.1-YOG4PAS3JM-tomato-signed.zip). [This Step Will Erase All Apps, Contacts, Messages. And Will Not Erase Internal or External SD Card]
- When the flashing finishes, select Reboot system now and wait for the phone to restart and boot up to the new OS.
Few Screenshots of COS12.1 on Yureka/Yureka Plus
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.