The new Oneplus One update is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and comes with critical security fixes, improved stability, performance, upgrades and new features. Oneplus users will get this update by OTA, Go to setting page of your phone > About and check the system updates. If you had made some changes on your System like rooted or installed any other ROM, then you have to flash the new update manually. Here in this guide we’ll show you how to install this YOG4PAS1N0 CM12.1 Update on Oneplus One. This method will work for all users who are on custom ROMs, With TWRP recovery and rooted or with Stock Recovery non-rooted.
OnePlus One device owners, who are impatient to wait for the new update, can install the OTA software manually. The company has released firmware on the official forum to those tech savvy who know how to flash firmware directly on the phone.
[warning title=”Disclaimer:” icon=”exclamation-triangle”]This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of manual software installation of Android devices. If the installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the device getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. PaidFreeDroid cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if devices get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution or just wait for a day or two to install new software with very less effort via OTA[/warning]So, Below is how to manually install cyanogen os 12.1 on oneplus one, follow the steps and enjoy the taste of latest lollipop:
Manually Install via Recovery (Both For Rooted And Non-Rooted Users)
Couldn’t wait for the OTA update to be pushed to your OnePlus One or don’t have a fast data connection? You can simply download the update zip file and flash it manually by heading to the recovery. This does not need root access and will not void your warranty either. Updating via recovery is generally as safe as the OTA updates, but it is still recommended that you backup your important data before proceeding.
- Download COS 12.1 (Lollipop) zip (named: cm-12.1-YOG4PAS1N0-bacon-signed.zip) from HERE (645MB).
- Copy or move it to the in Phone Internal Memory(Main Folder)
- Disable “Update Cyanogen Recovery” in Developer Options on your phone settings. If you are not seeing any developer option then open Setting >> About Phone >> Tap Build Number 7 Times. Now head to settings and there will be developer option.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode (Any Recovery Stock, CWM or TWRP) by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously.
- Wipe the data/factory reset and wipe cache partion and then select Apply Update > Choose from internal storage > 0/ > Select the COS 12.1 zip (cm-12.1-YOG4PAS1N0-bacon-signed.zip). [This Step Will Erase All Apps, Contacts, Messages. And Will Not Erase Internal or External SD Card]
- When the flashing finishes, select Reboot system now and wait for the phone to restart and boot up to the new OS.
Few Screenshots of COS12.1 on OnePlus One
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.