OK! so a lot of people are having query about YU support how they are offering the after sale services and support. YU has adopted a new way of providing the after sale services i.e. they are offering door to door support (Onsite) which implies that the users would have to just contact the YU customer staff and a technical expert would visit them at their home to take up the device once the issue has been confirmed.
There are a lot of mobile companies offering affordable gadgets in India, many Chinese companies have also stepped into the Indian mobile market directly like Asus, Xiaomi and many more. No doubt they are providing good phones within a strict budget but at the end what all matters is the after sale service. The same goes with YU, if they want to progress and compete with these strong Chinese brands they need to provide good customer support.
We admit it is really very difficult to satisfy customers however to be at the top companies have to try to gain user’s attention and trust. Service and customer support of YU – Not many of the YU users are still updated with the fact that there aren’t any YU Service centers in India. As stated they offer doorstep service hence there aren’t any service outlets in any of the cities.
Also, Micromax Service centers aren’t taking care of YU complaints hence don’t even waste your time in visiting any Micromax Service centers. We see a lot of people asking us via comments about YU service centers, this question should not be on their mind because YU has already communicated with the users that there aren’t any care centers. Also, we would request the officials to pass this information again so that the users doesn’t face any problems going here and there looking for this information.
YU Email and Phone call support for Repair, Warranty and Technical help:
Getting back to the main section now, if your YU device has any issues or you want to have it or the accessories replaced please reach out to the customer staff either by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling them at 1860-212-2122.
Email Support: email@example.com
Phone Call Support: 1860-212-2122
From the above contact details you can get in touch with the care staff of the company and they would lodge a ticket for the issue. Phone call support is available from 8AM to 8PM Monday to Saturday (Sunday and Calender Holidays Off).
YU Phones Warranty Details
YU was marketed like Xiaomi that it will offer warranty even if users root the device. You can root your YU anytime and unlike other mobile companies YU will not void your device warranty however under the below mentioned cases your warranty gets voided.
- Water/Moisture Damage.
- Accidental damage (physical damage).
- Damage arising due to wear and tear or rough usage of the product.
- IMEI#, Serial#, the accessory date code, water indicator or the warranty seal has been removed, erased, defaced, alterd, etc.
Also, the company offers 12 months warranty for the device and 6 months for the accessories (battery, charging adapter, USB data cable & in-ear headset). The warranty starts from the date of purchase, you need to have the Invoice as the proof that you receive from Amazon. For more details download warranty repair policy pdf by the officials.
Points to be noted:
- The warranty is provided ‘only’ to the original purchaser of the product.
- Proof of the purchase is required.
- Repair or replacement may involve the use of same or equivalent reconditioned unit.
Now the question comes when you call them or email them what they would do? Read below for the answer:
How to Get your YU Phone Repaired/Replaced/Serviced?
- You need to contact YU customer support for warranty related queries, technical help for your device.
- Support team will do the troubleshooting live to check what exactly is the issue.
- Once they confirms the issue, they will raise an incident (ticket) to authorize the replacement of the handset/accessory.
- The doorstep replacement of the handset/accessory service is available in various cities of India and you can check the availability either by visiting this page or by checking this pdf file which shows the list of Zip code where doorstep service is available.
- For the cities where door step service isn’t available, the customer would have to send the device/accessory to the central service center and the company would also reimburse the courier amount to the customer (up to Rs. 250).
Check the doorstep service availability in your region by visiting this page (scroll down and enter the zip code). I just checked my area’s zip code and it shows that the company offers the Onsite service.
To read all the FAQs visit the YU FAQ’s page.
NOTE: This is not the official site of Micromax or YU hence you’re requested not to post complaints in the comment box. If You have any general query you can post below, we will try to answer it as soon as possible.
Complaints won’t be entertained, kindly contact officials for the same.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.