Non-Rooted users can easily update it. If you are Non-Rooted users and getting the update notifications, then select – “Download Update” option >> then, after downloading, select >> “Install now.” The phone will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version.
But the problem comes for Rooted users as they are getting errors while updating or flashing manually.
So, We at PaidFreeDroid has a simple guide for all Rooted users to simply install latest incremental update on their Yureka.
Before Updating, Few Important Things To Be Noted–
- You Apps and Internal sd data will be safe as it is now.So no need to take Backup of Apps and Internal sd card. But if you are noob you can take backup.
- You will Lose ROOT Access after the update. So To Root Again Follow This LINK.
Step 1: Install Stock Recovery
- Download Stock Recovery
- Put downloaded Stock Recovery to Internal sd card
- Download and Install Flashify App
- Open Flashify app, Grant SuperSU permissions and then Backup current recovery under Backup/Restore Tab
- Under Flash Tab, tap Recovery Image >> Choose a file >> Select the downloaded stock recovery >> Tap YUP to flash
- Congratulations, Stock Recovery has been installed.
Step 2: Flash The Whole ROM(includes latest update)
Incremental update is only 128 MB. But you have to download Whole ROM(643 MB) which include incremental update. No problem guys, it is very easy just follow below steps.
- Download ROM(643 MB)
- Put downloaded ROM in Internal sd card(not in any folder or ext_sd card)
- Power off the phone, Boot to recovery by pressing VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER simultaneously
- Now, Tap Apply Update >> Choose from internal sd card >> Select Downloaded ROM
- Wait for few minutes until it flashes the ROM
- Reboot And The phone will boot up with new updated ROM.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.