Note – We are not going to give you those dire warnings which you generally see before any rooting procedure. Surprisingly, Yu has announced that unlocking bootloader and rooting your Yureka will not void your device’s warranty.
This detailed guide consists of 3 sections –
- How to unlock Yu Yureka’s bootloader.
- How to flash official TWRP recovery on Yu Yureka.
- How to root Yu Yureka by flashing SuperSU.
The files which are required for the process come from different resources and so we have compiled all of them to make a ‘Rooting Kit’. Please note that we do not take credits for any of the program in the rooting kit. Their respective developers are highly appreciated.
Download the Rooting Kit.
Before we go into the process, let do make some necessary settings on your Yureka.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and go to About Phone.
- Scroll down and tap build number 7-10 times until you see a popup stating ”You are now a developer”.
- Press back and now a new section called ”Developer Options” will appear in settings. Tap on it and turn on the toggle at the top.
- Now scroll down and turn on USB Debugging.
- Now make a backup of all your data as the next step will wipe all the data present in the Internal Memory.
- Make sure you have 70-80% battery to prevent unexpected failures.
How To Unlock Yu Yureka’s Bootloader –
1) Extract the adb_fastboot file present in the rooting kit in a new folder in your C:/ drive.
2) Power Off your phone.
3) While continuously pressing the Volume Up key, Connect your phone to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
4) You will get a black screen stating ‘Fastboot Mode’ at the middle.
5) As soon as you plug your phone into the PC, windows will start installing drivers all by itself. Please wait for the installation to complete.
6) After the drivers have been installed successfully, go to the folder where you have extracted adb_fastboot file.
7) While pressing the Shift key on your keyboard, right click in the folder and select ‘Open Command Prompt Here’. The command prompt will open up.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
You should get something like this.
Congratulations! Your Yu Yureka’s bootloader has been unlocked! But please do not close the Command Prompt as we will run some more commands to flash TWRP recovery. You can just minimize it.
How To Flash TWRP Recovery –
1) Now copy the yu-twrp-recovery from the rooting kit to the folder where you extracted adb_fastboot.
2) Maximize the command prompt, and type the following command
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery yu-twrp-recovery.img
3) Now just reboot from the fastboot mode by running the following command
fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
Congratulations again! You have successfully flashed TWRP recovery on you Yu Yureka. Now you can close the command prompt.
How To Root Yu Yureka By Flashing SuperSU –
The process for which you came here for is the simplest one. Let’s root the Yureka!
1) Copy the SuperSu file from the rooting kit to the root directory of your phone’s internal memory.
2) Power off your phone.
3) Now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously. You will see something like this.
4) Now tap on ‘Install’.
5) Confirm that you are navigating in the internal storage of your device. Navigate to the place where you copied the SuperSU file. You can use the back buttons and ‘Up a level’ button to navigate.
6) Tap on the file name and you will see something like this.
7) Swipe to confirm flash. Now tap on reboot.
Great! Every Step is completed successfully! You have successfully rooted you Yu Yureka!
To verify that your Yu Yureka is indeed rooted, download Root Checker from the Google Play Store for free.
From there, simply run the app, then tap Grant on the Superuser request popup. If everything went off without a hitch, Root Checker will give you a message that says Congratulations! This device has root access!
Thanks to an incredible development community, the Yu Yureka is easy to root.
Also Read : Yu Yureka Review
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.