Note: Works on Some Devices.
Remember this? One of the most popular games on PlayStation 1 (AKA PSX) – Tekken 3. Not only this, there are more – Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo 2, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil 2, Driver, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and tons of other notable titles. Too bad smartphones and computers ruined everything a long time ago.
Nonetheless, you can still re-live that era – on your smartphone. There’s an app for that! FPse is a PlayStation emulator for Android and Windows Mobile smartphones, which lets you play PSX games on your device. You need a few files, change a couple of settings and you’re all set to play PlayStation games on your Android phone/tablet.
“FPse is a PlayStation emulator for your Windows mobile and Android device. The name means First PlayStation Emulator for Windows CE/Android.”
You will need:
- FPse Android app – Click Here to Download
- BIOS file (scph1001.bin) is recommended, not compulsory though. If you experience problems with the app, you should get this file too. – Click Here to Download
- Tekken 3 ISO image (zipped) – Click Here to Download
- Install FPse.
- Extract Tekken 3 ISO file using any zip extractor (not necessary as FPSe automatically uncompress the zip).
- Copy image and BIOS files to your device.
- Open FPse app, accept conditions, follow instructions.
- Go to “Load BIOS” from settings, and choose scph1001.bin file.
- Select “Load Game” and choose the image file of the game.
- That’s it! It should work… but you might need to change a few settings to make it work properly. If you experience any problems, just post them in your comments below and I’ll answer them here.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions:
Q) Frame rate is low, and the game feels too slow to play.
A) Disable transparency, disable frame limiter, enable frameskip (reduces gameplay experience substantially).
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.