Remember this? One of the most popular game on PlayStation 1 (AKA PSX) – Tekken 3. Not only this, there are more – Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo 2, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil 2, Driver, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and tons of other amazing titles. Too bad smartphones and computers ruined everything a long time ago.
Nonetheless, you can still re-live that era – on your smartphone. There’s an app for that! FPse is a PlayStation emulator for Android and Windows Mobile smartphones, which lets you play PSX games on your device. You just need a few files, change a couple of settings and you’re all set to play PlayStation games on your Android phone/tablet.
“FPse is a PlayStation emulator for your Windows mobile and Android device. The name means First PlayStation Emulator for Windows CE/Android.”
You will need:
- FPse Android app – Click Here to Download
- BIOS file (scph1001.bin) is recommended, not compulsory though. If you experience problems with the app, you should get this file too. – Click Here to Download
- Tekken 3 ISO image – Click Here to Download
- PocketISO to compress the image file (optional). – Click Here to Download
- Install FPse.
- Extract Tekken 3 ISO file
- Compress ISO file using PowerISO(if you want to).
- Copy image and BIOS files to your device.
- Open FPse app, accept condition, follow instructions.
- Go to “Load BIOS” from settings, and choose scph1001.bin file.
- Select “Load Game” and choose the image file of game.
- That’s it! It should work… but you might need to change a few settings to make it work properly. If you experience any problems, just post them in your comments below and I’ll answer them here.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions:
Q) Frame rate is low, and the game feels too slow to play.
Q) The game is not loading.