News & Analysis

OnePlus Two is officially known as OnePlus 2; to be released in September 2015

There is a bad news for OnePlus 2 fans, it turns out that the OnePlus 2 wasnt unveiled yesterday after all. Given the hype surrounding the next iteration from OnePlus, fans were disappointed, however here is a bit of good news. According to the company’s co-founder Carl Pei, the company’s next flagship phone OnePlus 2 will be launched some time in Q3 this year.

Last week OnePlus has got its fans very excited when it sent out a teaser which made it seem as if the company is going to unveil the OnePlus 2 on June 1st. Official word has now come in from OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei who has confirmed that the OnePlus 2 will be actually unveiled in Q3, 2015 and that the announcement lined up for today is actually for something else.

Speculation was rife this week that the OnePlus 2 was going to revealed today, after the company posted the image on its Google+ page, teasing “Find out more June 1.”

Nearly everyone was assuming that it was referring to the OnePlus One sequel, but company co-founder Carl Pei has confirmed that the successor would not launch until later in the year.

We have come across OnePlus work the hype machine like no other company and the teaser just might have been another attempt on its part to get some headlines in last week’s news cycle.

The teaser that OnePlus has sent out last week showed a OnePlus One being partially erased and being readied to be drawn again by a pencil placed close by. The teaser can trick someone easily into thinking that the announcement is going to be about the new version of its kind.

However, now we know that this is not the case. OnePlus 2 is not going to arrive before Q3, 2015 and this has been made official by co-founder Carl Pei himself.

Speaking with AusDroid, Pei said the handset will be released in “Q3 2015”. That means that we could see it arrive from July 1 to September 30 – your guess is as good as ours.

Pei failed to divulge any other details of the gadget, apart from its official name. It’s confirmed that the new handset will be known as the OnePlus 2, not the OnePlus Two.

Apparently, the OnePlus 2 is also going to use the same invite system as its existing handsets, but there’ll be a lot more invites to go around. OnePlus is “a lot more confident” this time, Pei said.

So what’s in store for today’s event? Well, reports suggest the firm will launch cheaper version of OnePlus One models, with both the 16GB and 32GB handsets being reduced by $50.

Both the 64GB Standstone Black model and the 16GB Silk White model. The new prices will reportedly be $298 (Rs.19000.00) and $248 (Rs.16000.00) respectively.

Stay tuned with us for more news on the OnePlus 2, we’re bound to hear more about it in the coming months.

Show More

Himanshu Mishra

Editor and Content-Writer of PaidFreeDroid. Himanshu is a tech enthusiast. He likes to explore the day to day technology.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker